Hypertension control: results from the Diabetes Care Program of Nova Scotia registry and impact of changing clinical practice guidelines
- PERSYVE Questionnaire. // Pharmacy Practice (18863655);Apr-Jun2014, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p1
A patient quiz on taking antihypertensive medication is presented.
- IN THE NEWS. // Pharmacy Today;Jul2005, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p3
This article presents news briefs related to the field of pharmacy as of July 2005. It is reported that Great Britain's Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency has announced that it will review applications to make a triptan, an antibiotic for recurrent urinary tract infections in...
- Effects of antihypertensive therapy on progression of diabetic nephropathy. Luno, Jose; de Vinuesa, Soledad Garcia; Gomez-Campdera, Francisco; Lorenzo, Immaculada; Valderrabano, Fernando // Kidney International Supplement;Dec1998, Issue 68, pS-112
Examines the effects of antihypertensive therapy on progression of diabetic nephropathy. Relationship between hypertension and the microvascular complications of diabetes; Clinical characteristics of diabetic nephropathy; Pathogenesis of diabetic nephropathy.
- Do antihypertensive drugs precipitate diabetes? Bengtsson, C.; Blohme, G.; Lapidus, L.; Lindquist, O.; Lundgren, H.; Nystrom, E.; Petersen, K.; Sigurdsson, J.A. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);12/1/1984, Vol. 289 Issue 6457, p1495
Examines the ability of antihypertensive drugs to precipitate diabetes in patients in Sweden. History of diabetes and antihypertensive treatment; Increase risk for the development of diabetes; Preferability in using diuretics and beta blockers to treat arterial hypertension.
- Implementation of Ontology-based Clinical Decision Support System for Management of Interactions Between Antihypertensive Drugs and Diet. Jeong-Eun Park; Hwa-Sun Kim; Min-Jung Chang; Hae-Sook Hong // Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing;2014, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p294
Purpose: The influence of dietary composition on blood pressure is an important subject in healthcare. Interactions between antihypertensive drugs and diet (IBADD) is the most important factor in the management of hypertension. It is therefore essential to support healthcare providersâ€™...
- PRESCRIBING TREND OF ANTIHYPERTENSIVE DRUGS IN HYPERTENSIVE AND DIABETIC HYPERTENSIVE PATIENTS. KOUSALYA, K.; CHIRUMAMILLA, SOWMYA; MANJUNATH, S.; RAMALAKSHMI, S.; SARANYA, P.; CHAMUNDEESWARI, D. // Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical & Clinical Research;Oct-Dec2012, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p22
Aim: The present study was conducted in order to establish the drug prescribing trend of anti-hypertensive agents in hypertensives and diabetic hypertensives in General Medicine Department of Sri Ramachandra Hospital. Methods: A prospective study of 1 month duration was conducted at the Sri...
- MANAGEMENT OF HYPERTENSION IN PATIENTS WITH DIABETES MELLITUS. VENKATESWARAMURTHY, N.; DILEEP, M.; PERUMAL, P. // Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical & Clinical Research;Apr2011 Supplement, p40
Objective: To investigate the management of hypertension in patients with diabetes mellitus. Method: An observational study was conducted in outpatient department of a cardiology hospital. Patients with either diagnosed hypertension or high blood pressure who attended the clinic were eligible...
- ACEIs: kidney friend or foe? // Clinical Advisor;Dec2013, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p40
The article reports on the role of angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors in protecting kidneys in persons with diabetes.
- Patterns of antihypertensive drug utilization in primary care. Pittrow, D.; Kirch, W.; Bramlage, P.; Lehnert, H.; Höfler, M.; Unger, T.; Sharma, A. M.; Wittchen, H.-U. // European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology;Apr2004, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p135
Background. In the treatment of hypertension, physiciansâ€™ attitudes and practice patterns are receiving increased attention as contributors to poor blood pressure (BP) control. Thus, current use of antihypertensive drugs in primary care was analyzed and the association with selected...