A DAY WITH Mother Dolores
- MOTHER DOLORES. Montefiore, Simon Sebag // New Republic;10/4/93, Vol. 209 Issue 14, p9
Describes the life of Catholic nuns, including Mother Dolores, a former film actress named Dolores Hart, living at the Abbey of Regina Landis in Connecticut. Route to the abbey; Daily routine; Activities for guests; Hart's career in film; Hart's reasons for becoming a nun in 1962; Speculations...
- A cloistered life. Montefiore, Simon Sebag // Psychology Today;Nov/Dec93, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p24
Recounts the author's visit to the Abbey of Regina Laudis in Bethlehem, Connecticut as a guest of the Benedictine order. How film star Dolores Hart, 24, entered the abbey in 1963; Rumors of a love affair with Elvis Presley and of a child; How the author contacted Mother Dolores; Her denial of...
- The nun who bid good-bye to stardom. Hanover, Donna // Good Housekeeping;Jan99, Vol. 228 Issue 1, p27
Profiles former-movie-star-turned-nun Dolores Hart. Films featuring Hart; Success as a movie star; Rumors on Hart's alleged love affair with superstar Elvis Presley; Decision to be a nun.
- Called to the cloister. O'Boyle, Donna-Marie Cooper // Our Sunday Visitor;6/2/2013, Vol. 102 Issue 5, p14
An interview with Connecticut-based Benedictine Abbey of Regina Laudis prioress, Mother Dolores Hart, is presented, in which she talks about her favorite moment in her acting career, how her former life as an actress prepared her for the convent and evangelizing people, and her family's reaction...
- "The King" and I. // U.S. Catholic;Jan2012, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the Mother Dolores Hart, Benedictine nun, and her screen partnership with rock-and-roll star Elvis Presley .
- Grace land. Neill, Michael; Longley, Anne // People;05/18/98, Vol. 49 Issue 19, p194
Profiles Dolores Hart, who appeared in several motion pictures in the 1950s and 1960s. Childhood; Roles she played; Her decision to become a Benedictine nun; Her life as a nun.
- Come back to me with all your heart. McGrath, Tom // U.S. Catholic;Mar2000, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p41
Describes the Trappistine nuns of Our Lady of the Mississippi Abbey in Dubuque, Iowa. Prayers and meditation practices of the nuns; Anniversary of their foundation; Invitation from Norwegian religious and civic official to found an abbey of Catholic cloistered nuns.
- THE EAR OF THE HEART. Drury, James; Arroyo, Raymond // Touchstone: A Journal of Mere Christianity;May/Jun2013, Vol. 26 Issue 3, preceding p3
The article reviews the book "The Ear of the Heart: An Actress' Journey from Hollywood to Holy Vows" by Dolores Hart and Richard DeNeut.
- The Ear of the Heart: an Actress' Journey from Hollywood to Holy Vows. Bridges, Karl // Catholic Library World;Sep2013, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p50
The article reviews the book "The Ear of the Heart: An Actress' Journey From Hollywood to Holy Vows," by Dolores Hart and Richard DeNeut.