Different Rules for Public and Private Schools
- Constitutional storm warning. R.B. // Church & State;Feb99, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p8
Reports that legislators in Florida have been heavily lobbied to pass several types of voucher bill. Sprouting of voucher plans despite the strong support showed by voters on a constitutional amendment that calls for the state government to provide high quality system of free public schools in...
- Vouchers will not make a difference. Tatum, Elinor // New York Amsterdam News;08/31/2000, Vol. 91 Issue 35, p12
No abstract available.
- Private school location and neighborhood characteristics. Barrow, Lisa // Economic Perspectives;2001 3rd Quarter, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p13
Examines the relationship between the location of private schools and the local public school and neighborhood characteristics. Public school test score performance; Average household income; Responsiveness of private schools to area characteristics in their location decisions; Changes in...
- Free Market Policies and Public Education. Metcalf, Kim K.; Tait, Polly A. // Phi Delta Kappan;Sep99, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p65
Presents an overview of the educational voucher system in the United States. How the program provides families with public funds to be used at the public or private school of their choice; How the program gives parents better control over the education that their child receives; Details of the...
- Stalking the Public-Private School Dualism. Arthur G. Powell // Education Week;5/19/1982, Vol. 1 Issue 34, p18
The article reports the dualism of the public and private schools. It would be helpful to devote less attention on the pros and cons of tuition tax credits and vouchers and more attention to exploring how a range of public and private initiatives could lead to more complicated and constructive...
- Ohio Voucher Students Perform At Same Rate As Public School Peers. // Church & State;Feb2004, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p15
Reports that students taking part in Cleveland's private school voucher program are performing at the same rate as their counterparts in the public system. Indiana University's release of a study on the voucher program; Differences in test scores; Voucher recipients.
- Vouchers and test scores. Peterson, Paul E. // Policy Review;Jan/Feb99, Issue 93, p10
Evaluates a school-choice pilot program in New York City, New York funded by the School Choice Scholarships Foundation (SCSF). Objectives of SCSF; Performance of children in private schools and public schools in standard tests; Long-term rewards; Historical perspective.
- G.W., the Privatization of Education, and American Values. Milam, Michael C. // Humanist;May/Jun 2001, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p20
States that the plan of United States President George W. Bush to include educational vouchers to its educational reform policy would lead to the privatization of public schools. Use of the vouchers to force public high schools to improve their educational system; How the vouchers defy the...
- Private Plans Seen Key to Showing Power of Vouchers. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;11/25/1992, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p5
The article reports on the acknowledgment of the importance of privately-funded voucher programs to sustain the momentum of the private school movement following the electoral defeats of government-voucher plans, by the participants at a conference in Indiana. The voucher scheme will rescue...