Different Rules for Public and Private Schools
- Private school location and neighborhood characteristics. Barrow, Lisa // Economic Perspectives;2001 3rd Quarter, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p13
Examines the relationship between the location of private schools and the local public school and neighborhood characteristics. Public school test score performance; Average household income; Responsiveness of private schools to area characteristics in their location decisions; Changes in...
- Constitutional storm warning. R.B. // Church & State;Feb99, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p8
Reports that legislators in Florida have been heavily lobbied to pass several types of voucher bill. Sprouting of voucher plans despite the strong support showed by voters on a constitutional amendment that calls for the state government to provide high quality system of free public schools in...
- Vouchers will not make a difference. Tatum, Elinor // New York Amsterdam News;08/31/2000, Vol. 91 Issue 35, p12
No abstract available.
- Failed Experiment: It's Time To Shut Down School Voucher Schemes. // Church & State;Mar2010, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p15
The author reflects on the competition between public and private schools in the U.S. The author argues on the public funding of the voucher schemes which several states have already plan regarding the public funding for voucher plans. An overview of the states' plan on the public funding scheme...
- Vouchers and voting: An initial estimate based on the median voter model. Rangazas, Peter // Public Choice;Mar95, Vol. 82 Issue 3/4, p261
One of the major concerns associated with school voucher proposals is that they will only benefit those who leave public schools in favor of private schools. The children left behind in public schools are expected to necessarily be made worse off by such policies. This paper provides evidence...
- Urban League Report Assails Vouchers, �Basics�. Foster, Susan G. // Education Week;1/26/1982, Vol. 1 Issue 18, p6
The article focuses on a study concerning the public support of private schools through tax credits and vouchers in the U.S. According to the report, private schools are geared toward the academic tracks and fails to provide the range of educational choices available in public schools....
- Ohio Voucher Students Perform At Same Rate As Public School Peers. // Church & State;Feb2004, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p15
Reports that students taking part in Cleveland's private school voucher program are performing at the same rate as their counterparts in the public system. Indiana University's release of a study on the voucher program; Differences in test scores; Voucher recipients.
- Vouchers and test scores. Peterson, Paul E. // Policy Review;Jan/Feb99, Issue 93, p10
Evaluates a school-choice pilot program in New York City, New York funded by the School Choice Scholarships Foundation (SCSF). Objectives of SCSF; Performance of children in private schools and public schools in standard tests; Long-term rewards; Historical perspective.
- Free Market Policies and Public Education. Metcalf, Kim K.; Tait, Polly A. // Phi Delta Kappan;Sep99, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p65
Presents an overview of the educational voucher system in the United States. How the program provides families with public funds to be used at the public or private school of their choice; How the program gives parents better control over the education that their child receives; Details of the...