In Volusia Cty., Fla.: School chef finds feeding kids `most important job'
- Nation's Largest Charter District OK'd in Florida. Bowman, Darcia Harris // Education Week;08/02/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 43, p3
Reports on a controversy over efforts to award charter status to entire school districts in the United States. Inclusion of the Florida government's designation of Volusia County schools the first public charter school district in the state and the largest in the U.S.; Rules and regulations...
- a community affair IN FLORIDA. PIERCE, MARGO // T H E Journal;May2012, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p34
The article presents information on Volusia County's Florida Schools' Career and Technical Education (CTE) program. Leaders state that much of the program's success is due to workplace experience, community collaboration and exposure, and a strong academic curriculum. Core academic subjects such...
- Do the Rice Thing. Lefebvre, Joanna // Food Management;Mar2007, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p66
The article focuses on the views of international chefs on the uses of various kinds of rice grains. Californian executive chef Raul Lacara uses black rice as a side dish despite being typically used as a dessert due to its natural sweetness and rich black color. Costa Magoulas of Deland,...
- Fateful Incident Leads to Fulfilling New Career. // Food Management;Dec2005, Vol. 40 Issue 13, p16
The article focuses on the life of chef Costa Magoulas. A certified executive chef who has won more than 20 medals in culinary competitions, Costa Magoulas is a recent inductee into the American Culinary Federation's (ACF) honor society, the American Academy of Chefs, and a 2001 recipient of the...
- It's 6 p.m. Do you know where your kitchen is? // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Aug98, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p1
Presents information on a number of recipes and products which can be prepared in a limited amount of time. Details on sodium phosphate; Identification of time-saving products; Information on packaged foods; Ingredients for the recipes; Preparational information for the recipes; Nutritional...
- Wonderslim launch set. // Advertising Age;7/27/1992, Vol. 63 Issue 30, p42
Reports that a small California start-up company plans to introduce Wonderslim, a product it calls `a revolutionary fat substitute for baking.' Made from dried plums and vegetable extracts; Will be marketed by Natural Food Technologies; Company founder Charles Stad; Retained Brigham Scully...
- 10 minutes to a healthy breakfast // Body Bulletin;Feb1993, p2
Offers five quick and healthy ways to get the food you need for a balanced breakfast. Feel your oats; Keep your sunny side up; Take a spud to breakfast; Wake up and smell the compote; Say ole to a new day; Includes tips and recipes; Details.
- Simple soups & stews. // Body Bulletin;Jan1994, p3
Gives several soup and stew recipes that are low in calories and easy to prepare. Hearty vegetable-beef soup; Sausage-apple & sweet potato stew; Turkey stew Italiano; Companions for one-pot meals; More.
- American classics revisited. // Body Bulletin;Feb1994, p2
Lists several recipes for the month of February. Easy microwave lasagne; Skinny mac & cheese; New age green bean bake; Easy chicken pot pie; Ingredients; Calories and fat per serving; More.