And Turn Plain Into Mouth-Watering: Sauces Make the Meal
- Barbecue Sauce. Sanna, Ellyn; Waters, Rosa // African American: American Regional Cooking Library;2004, p20
This article presents the recipe Barbecue Sauce. INSET: African American Food Traditions and History.
- WHAT'S new? // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);7/25/2005, Vol. 57 Issue 30, p73
Introduces Paul Newman's Own pasta sauce range. Size; Price; Ingredients.
- THEN ADD SAUCE. // Runner's World;Nov2013, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p96
Several recipes for sauces are presented including the roasted garlic white bean, tomato sauce, and tapenade.
- Don't write off big jar cooking sauces just yet. // Grocer;2/6/2016, p62
The article reports on the drop in the sales of cooking sauces, with majority of the value decline eliminated by cuts to average prices as volumes reduced.
- Sauces. Judson, Clara Ingram // Child Life;Mar2000, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p19
Presents sauce recipes for children.
- Verjus: Move over, balsamic. Fabricant, Florence // Nation's Restaurant News;1/16/95, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p25
Reports on the introduction of verjus into the American culinary vocabulary. Definition; Recipe for sauteed herring roe with verjus from chef Joel Robuchon; Verjus and chef Eric Millard's roasted quails and beans; Verjus sauce and chef Daniel Silverman's sauteed foie gras with roasted beets and...
- GOOD SAUCES KEY TO FINE COOKING. // Ebony;Mar1951, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p73
The article provides the secrets to making good sauces.
- Tomatillos make the difference. di Vecchio, Jerry Anne // Sunset;Aug96, Vol. 197 Issue 2, p106
Presents recipes using tomatoes and hoisin sauce. Hamburgers with tomatoes; Yellow tomatoes for a twist on the bloody Mary; Many uses of hoisin; Summer salads that contain cooked green vegetables.
- Auntie Lou Cooks. Rand, Lou // Advocate;10/10/73, Issue 122, p33
Provides the recipe of Soubise Sauce. Ingredients; Cooking procedure.
- Secrets to making steakhouse steaks. Sabatini Jr., Frank // Gay & Lesbian Times;9/28/2006, Issue 979, p56
A recipe for Bearnaise sauce, a dressing for steaks, is presented.