A College/Univ. Case Study: Healthy, satisfying meals at the Univ. of Rhode Island
- The Wave of the Present: Univ. of Rhode Island expands choices. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p8
Covers the move of the University of Rhode Island in Kingston in converting its Butterfield Hall to a cook-to-order foodcourt. Comments from Kathleen Gianquitti, administrator of dining services; Description on the foodcourt; Menus served; Types of food usually demanded by students at the...
- University of Rhode Island plans to offer dorm room delivery. // Nation's Restaurant News;05/24/99, Vol. 33 Issue 21, p18
Reports on the Kingston, Rhode Island-based University of Rhode Island's plan to offer dormitory room food delivery service in the year 2000. Details of the planned service; Menu.
- Food fight! McAllister, J.F.O.; Horowitz, Janice M. // Time;11/25/1996, Vol. 148 Issue 24, p23
Lists the five best and five worst top colleges and universities in terms of the healthfulness of their food-service offerings, as ranked by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
- Meeting varied demand. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p95
Describes the typical diet of a college student in the United States. Nutritional promotions run in the residence halls and cash operations at East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina; Importance of listing nutritional information; Meals offered to college students.
- Looking Up: About Grab-&-Go. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p34
Looks at the grab-and-go dining lifestyle of college students in the United States. Variety of food students want; Students' means of purchasing food; Outlook for college food service; Emerging operating and menu trends for the third millennium.
- Meatless for meat-eaters. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p102
Highlights the efforts of foodservice employees in several colleges and universities in the United States in enticing students to eat vegetarian diets. Advantages of offering vegetarian menus; Offering from California Polytechnic State University in San Luis Obispo; Area at the University of...
- Holy Cross' Kimball to Kitchen Puts Fresh Food in Students' Hands. // FoodService Director;1/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p13
The article reports on the development of the Kimball to Kitchen program by the dining services at the College of Holy Cross in Worchester, Massachusetts in an effort to meet the need for students to purchase fresh produce without having to regularly visit a grocery store.
- A Great 3-in-1 Deal! Buzalka, mike // Food Management;Dec2007, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p45
The article features the Hope Commons, a new dining hall built within the University of Rhode Island in Kingston, Rhode Island. It is designed by Ricca Newmark Design, Vision3 Architects, and Gilbane Inc. Its renovated design demonstrates unusual flair, innovation, and efficiencies. It has four...
- Mix It Up. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;8/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p66
The article reports on the success of the convenience store at the University of Rhode Island in Kingston attributed to its product mixes. The Corner Store, the university's convenience store, has increased its daily sales by more than 50% since opening in September 2007, due to its incredible...