More items on the menu
- More center-of-the-plate. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p156
Reports on health care food service operators' inclusion of vegetarian dishes in their menus. Re-engineered lasagna at Pocono Medical Center in East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania; Vegetable side dishes cum center-of-the-plate combos at New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center in New York City;...
- Options that fill the bill. // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p128
Cites the vegetarian selections being offered in some American hospitals and healthcare facilities. Includes Indian dish called lentil dahl; Tofu stir-fry; Penne pasta; Linguine with pesto; Black bean casserole; Broccoli bake incorporating rice; Artichoke; Vegetable lasagna; Salmon; Pizza and...
- Cost-effective dishes. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p96
Discusses the health benefits and costs of preparing vegetarian food items in the United States. Advice from Ellen Di Giampaolo, director of food and nutrition services at Harbor-University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) Medical Center, on cost-saving practices in cooking vegetables; Details...
- Pleasing the 'vocal minority'. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;9/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p60
Reports on the efforts of food service operators in hospitals and healthcare in the U.S. to provide vegetarian cuisine. Health benefits of a vegetarian diet; Information on various vegetarian offerings at an Illinois hospital; Details of the Sun Dried Tomato & Provolone Panini recipe.
- IN GLENDALE, CA: Hosp. cafe sets new b'fast bar, bakery. // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p5
Deals with the breakfast menu launched in the vegetarian cafeteria of Adventist Medical Center in Glendale, California. Schedule of the availability of the breakfast menu; Meat substitutes included in the menu; Cost of the dishes.
- Best Servery Concept. // Food Management;Nov98, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p34
Highlights the servery concept of the Coffee Central Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts. Project team; Environment; Goal; Features; Why they won the category of best servery concept during the 1998 Best Onsite Concept award of the periodical `Food Management.'
- New 'Basement' Cafe Boosts Sales at Boston Hospital. // Food Management;Jun2001, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p11
Features the cafe at the Children's Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts. Variety of food products; Location; Retail food service program; Interior decoration.
- Putting the wraps on surrendering revenue. // Food Management;Jul99, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p18
Reports on the wrap program for food service launched at Ochsner Foundation Hospital in New Orleans, Louisiana. Incorporation of popular menu trends in the program; Goals in developing the program; Revenues generated by the program.
- Building take-home: MA hospital launches Boston Market-style menus. // FoodService Director;1/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p5
Focuses on Boston, Massachusetts-based Brigham & Women's Hospital's launching of its own Boston Market-style menus for dinner. Changing menus for the evening meal; Goal of attracting both employees and hospital visitors to the take-home options; Success of gourmet meals program.