Meatless for meat-eaters
- Food fight! McAllister, J.F.O.; Horowitz, Janice M. // Time;11/25/1996, Vol. 148 Issue 24, p23
Lists the five best and five worst top colleges and universities in terms of the healthfulness of their food-service offerings, as ranked by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
- Meeting varied demand. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p95
Describes the typical diet of a college student in the United States. Nutritional promotions run in the residence halls and cash operations at East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina; Importance of listing nutritional information; Meals offered to college students.
- Looking Up: About Grab-&-Go. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p34
Looks at the grab-and-go dining lifestyle of college students in the United States. Variety of food students want; Students' means of purchasing food; Outlook for college food service; Emerging operating and menu trends for the third millennium.
- A College/Univ. Case Study: Healthy, satisfying meals at the Univ. of Rhode Island. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p112
Focuses on the approach developed by the University of Rhode Island in Kingston in making sure college students stay healthy and satisfied with their meals. Comments from Susan Ash, staff dietitian at the university; Information on the belief that the number of vegetarians in the university is...
- Holy Cross' Kimball to Kitchen Puts Fresh Food in Students' Hands. // FoodService Director;1/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p13
The article reports on the development of the Kimball to Kitchen program by the dining services at the College of Holy Cross in Worchester, Massachusetts in an effort to meet the need for students to purchase fresh produce without having to regularly visit a grocery store.
- THE BIG IDEA. // FoodService Director;7/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p28
The article presents ideas for a successful food business operation in schools in the U.S. A mobile application was developed by Chandler Unified School District in Arizona wherein students can make their food decisions. It mentions the opening of the Roots vegetarian restaurant of the...
- Vegetarian Delight. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;10/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p46
Discusses the efforts of foodservice operators to meet the demand for vegetarian and vegan dishes in the U.S. Background on a lacto ovo menu cycle introduced at a New York healthcare facility; Information on the Terra Ve program and cookbook of Flik Independent Schools by Chartwells at Milton...
- Food fight: Winners, losers. Salomon, Jeniffer; Horn, Clare // Natural Health;May/Jun97, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p21
Reports on the rating made by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine of the top colleges and universities in the United States on the availability of healthy, low-fat and vegetarian foods in their cafeterias. High marks received by Duke University, University of Pennsylvania and...
- UConn Students Chow Down on "Waste". // Food Management;Oct/Nov2016, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p40
The article focuses on the Tasty Waste lunch hosted by the University of Connecticut (UConn) Dining Services and its College of Agriculture, Health and Natural Resources (CAHNR) on September 21. The menu for the event prepared from foods destined for the landfill. According to Rob Landolphi,...