- BAD WEEK. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;3/22/2013, Vol. 203 Issue 4770, p12
The article presents developments on the food industry including launch of Death Wish Coffee, rejection of spoof religion the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster in Poland, and a web site launched by students to celebrate their love of cooking vegetarian food in the nude.
- VEGAN FOOD PRODUCTS. // Vegetarian Journal's Foodservice Update;Winter2003, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p7
Focuses on the vegetarian food products in the U.S. Ingredients of the vegan and kosher meatballs available at Yves Veggie Cuisine; Packaging of dried fruits and nuts by Vacaville Fruit Co.; Range of vegan organic salad dressing served at Chelten House.
- Veggie Delight. // Foodservice & Hospitality;Jan2005, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p54
Presents meatless and vegetarian products of Schneider Foods.
- Side Dishes. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/9/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 23, p26
Presents news regarding the restaurant industry. Clarification by the owners of The Press Box for the misleading ad published in the 'Royal Oak Daily Tribune'; Possibility of purchasing marijuana joints in coffee shops in the Netherlands; Plans by the nuns operating the Buddhist community at...
- Blender Meals. Berkoff, Nancy // Vegetarian Journal;2008, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p12
The article offers vegetarian cooking tips for breakfast, lunch or diner, and desserts. The author suggests to prepare breakfast meal-in-a-cup the night before such as fruit, tofu or fruit soy yogurt and blend in canister and placed in the refrigerator. In lunchtime, the author recommends Split...
- NEW TWISTS ON THE CLASSIC PIE: VEGGIE PIZZA. Berkoff, Nancy // FoodService Director;2/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p58
Presents information vegan pizza. Varieties; Ingredients; Suggestions for foodservice operators.
- THE OCCASIONAL VEGETARIAN. Reichl, Ruth // Gourmet;Apr2007, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p22
The author reflects on the benefits of vegetables in every meal. The author relates that eating vegetarian meals is neither penance nor virtue but simply another mealtime option. The author added that these dishes are not only good to health and inexpensive but also delicious. She agrees that...
- How to Feed Just a Few Vegetarians at Weddings, Parties, Restaurants... Berkoff, Nancy // Vegetarian Journal's Foodservice Update;2003/2004, Vol. 11 Issue 3/4, p1
Provides techniques for the food service operator when only five or six vegetarian meals are requested for a wedding banquet, business luncheon, company picnic or children's party where a non-vegetarian menu is offered. Veggie "steaks" of flavored seitan, tempeh or portobellos; Baked potatoes...
- VEGAN FOOD PRODUCTS. // Vegetarian Journal's Foodservice Update;2003/2004, Vol. 11 Issue 3/4, p5
Presents a number of vegan food products which food service operators can choose from when serving vegetarians. Vegetarian Savory Plus flavor line from Ottens Flavors; Comax Flavors' vegetarian meat-type flavors for use in soups, bouillon, soyfoods and other animal-free dishes; DSM Food...