On the Horizon: Schools, h/c face myriad nutr. issues
- Diet Watch. Head, Anthony // Bon Appetit;Mar1999, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p178
Presents updates on health and diet as of March 1999 in the United States. Introduction of a red meat dinner special by the restaurant Capital Grille in San Francisco, California; Details on the booklet `Carbohydrates: What You Need to Know,' from the American Dietetic Association; Information...
- Why they don't eat better. // Food Management;Nov97, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p16
Reports on the result of a study conducted by the American Dietetic Association on the reason why consumers don't adopt more balanced diet. Percentage of those who are satisfied with their current diet; Percentage of those don't want to give up the foods they like; Percentage of those who don't...
- Nutrition advice: meaty enough? Bertagnoli, Lisa // Crain's Chicago Business;2/11/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p33
The article reports on split over dietary advice from American Dietetic Association (ADA) and other dietetic groups. ADA is a primary source of nutrition information for American news consumers. Marion Nestle, a professor of nutrition, food studies and public health, says that the ADA's messages...
- To Meat or Not to Meat. // Current Events;2/9/2009, Vol. 108 Issue 16, p7
The article addresses the question of whether vegetarianism is healthy for teenagers. Many experts suggest cutting out meat reduces the risk of several diseases and lowers the likelihood of becoming overweight. Others argue that being a vegetarian is unnatural and can be downright dangerous for...
- All in the mix. Bean, Adam // Runner's World;Dec97, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p23
Reports that a varied diet is the key to nutrition. Tufts University Katherine Tucker's checklist of foods and food groups; How to vary the foods in each category; Benefits of varying diet according to a study published in the Journal of the American Dietetic Association.
- PRACTICE RESOURCES. // Digest (South Dakota Dietetic Association);2011, p9
The article reports on the essence of American Dietetic Association's (ADA's) practice resources. It states that the Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) web page is a one-stop shop for practice management education where members learn about codes for nutrition services, private insurance...
- Oh, Those Heaping Helpings. Dolliver, Mark // Adweek Western Edition;6/3/2002, Vol. 52 Issue 23, p22
Discusses a study conducted by the American Dietetic Association which focuses on the trends in dieting in the U.S. Influence of restaurants on the increasing number of people who overeat; Views of consumers on the recommended serving sizes in the U.S.
- VIEWPOINT: FAT HELD 'HARMLESS'. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p26
Views the issue of weight management in the U.S. Information on Atkins Diet; Remarks from Cindy Moore, spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association.
- Trace Elements in Fruit Juices. Bragança, Victor; Melnikov, Petr; Zanoni, Lourdes // Biological Trace Element Research;May2012, Vol. 146 Issue 2, p256
Fruit juices are widely consumed in tropical countries as part of habitual diet. The concentrations of several minerals in these beverages were evaluated. Four commercially available brands of juices were analyzed for cadmium, lead, copper, zinc, aluminum, iron, chromium, manganese, and...