After Last Year's Freeze: Winter crop prod. is on the rebound
- Hurricanes damage Florida vegetables. Hollis, Paul L. // Southeast Farm Press;2/1/2006, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p16
The article reports on damage of vegetable crops due to Hurricanes in Florida. The vegetable industry suffered substantial damage to vegetable crops and infrastructure in 2005 due to Hurricanes in Florida in the second consecutive year. There was a severe damage to the vegetable industry in...
- When to buy organic. // Consumer Reports;Sep2008, Vol. 73 Issue 9, p8
The article discusses the high price of organically grown fruits and vegetables and compares organically grown foods to conventionally grown foods. According to the article, some fruits and vegetables, such as green beans, cranberries, and nectarines, are more affected by pesticides than others....
- PGRO trials show improvements in new pea and bean varieties. Shaddick, Claire // Horticulture Week;11/28/2008, p28
The article reports on the improvements of pea and bean varieties after they undergone trials in Processor's & Growers' Research Organization. It states that the standard pea varieties Boogie and Biktop as well as the three dwarf French green beans have shown the potential to produce high...
- Alleviation of Salinity Effects on Green Bean Plants Using Some Environmental Friendly Materials. Abdel-Mawgoud, A. M. R.; El-Nemr, M. A.; Tantawy, A. S.; Habib, Hoda A. // Journal of Applied Sciences Research;Jul2010, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p871
Towards the improvement of production efficiency of marginal quality soil and/or water, this work was designed to investigate the mitigation effects of potassium humate and compost applications on salinity negative effects on green bean plant Phaseolus vulgaris cv. Pulista grown under Egyptian...
- Weather plays its part when choosing pulse crop variety. Impey, Louise; Abel, Charles // Farmers Weekly;2/20/2004, Vol. 140 Issue 8, p46
Reports on the role of weather on the success of pulse crops harvesting in Great Britain in 2003. Reason for the poor yields of spring beans in 2003, according to Stephen Belcher, technical officer of the Processors and Growers Research Organisation; Implication of the earliest green bean...
- Go for the big head. Farris, Nancy // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 86 Issue 6, p78
Focuses on growing cabbage.
- Discover Real GREEN BEANS. Pleasant, Barbara // Mother Earth News;Aug/Sep2006, Issue 217, p54
The article provides information on fresh green beans. Many people who don't like vegetables do like green beans. If one is buying green beans from a local vendor, try to find one that sells them loose so that the best beans beans can be handpicked. Look for beans that snap when bent, are free...
- cabbage. Osmond, Christine // Australian Gourmet Traveller;May2004, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p77
Provides information on cabbage. Medicinal qualities of the cabbage; Varieties of cabbage; Tips in buying and storing of cabbage.
- GREEN BEANS WITH OLIVE OIL. // Gourmet;Mar2006, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p151
A recipe for green beans with olive oil is presented.