Their Role in Disease Prevention: Water-Soluble Vitamins
- Be healthy with Bs. Tannis, Allison // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;May2006, Issue 283, p70
The article provides information about the benefits of Vitamin B-complex, a supplement containing a combination of B vitamins. Vitamin B1 has an antioxidants properties which is beneficial to cognitive function and heart health. Riboflavin has the ability to assist in the production of...
- Assay of ascorbic acid, thiamine, riboflavin, nicotinamide, and pyridoxine in 'hexavit' by HPLC. Garmonov, S.; Salakhov, I.; Nurislamova, G.; Ismailova, R.; Irtuganova, É.; Sopin, V. // Pharmaceutical Chemistry Journal;Sep2011, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p440
A method for the assay of ascorbic acid, thiamine, riboflavin, nicotinamide, and pyridoxine in Hexavit was developed using HPLC. The conditions for chromatographic separation of vitamin mixtures with gradient elution in acidic medium on a reverse phase Discovery RP Amide C16 column were...
- Dependence of Vitamin Content in Saccharomyces Yeasts on the Composition of Nutrient Media. Abramov, Sh. A.; Kotenko, S. Ts.; Ramazanov, A. Sh.; Islamova, F. I. // Applied Biochemistry & Microbiology;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p385
The qualitative and quantitative composition of water-soluble B group vitamins in Saccharomyces yeasts cultivated on various nutrient media was studied by high-performance liquid chromatography. New strains of Saccharomyces oviformis Y-2635 and Saccharomyces vini F-5, grown in a nutrient medium...
- Aritma ï¿½amuru Uygulanmis Toprakta Bazi B Grubu Vitamin Miktarlarinin Arastirilmasi. �bek, Erdal; Karatas, Fikret; T�rkoglu, Hilal; Arslan, E. Isil; Cumurcu, Aysenur; Karaca, Ayse Burcu // Firat University Journal of Science;Dec2010, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p85
In this study, the levels of vitamin B1 (Thiamine), vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), vitamin B3 (Nicotinamide), vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine), vitamin B11 (Folic Acid) and vitamin B12 (Cobalamin) in the soils amended with and without wastewater sludge were determined by high performance liquid cromatography...
- Ticari ArÄ± Polenlerinde B Vitamini MiktarlarÄ±nÄ±n AraÅŸtÄ±rÄ±lmasÄ±. Konar, Vahit; Özdemır, Fethi Ahmet; Karataş, Fikret // Firat University Journal of Science;Jun2010, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p61
In this study, the five different bee pollens being commercially sold in the market with different brand names whose the amounts of thiamine hydrochloride (vitamin B1), riboflavin (vitamin B2), nicotinic acid (vitamin B3), pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), folic acid and cyanocobalamine...
- B INFORMED. // Muscle & Performance;Jul2012, p13
The article explains the characteristics of various forms of vitamin B, including B-1 or Thiamine, B-2 or Riboflavin and B-3 or Niacin.
- Vitamin Deficiency and Mental Symptoms. Carney, M.W.P. // British Journal of Psychiatry;Jun90, Vol. 156, p878
The article presents evidence that deficiencies of folic acid, vitamin B12, thiamine, riboflavin, pyridoxine and ascorbic acid have certain associations with psychiatric disorders. According to the author, such deficiencies are frequently found in depression and alcoholism. The author reveals...
- thiamine hydrochloride. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2306
A definition of the term "thiamine hydrochloride," which refers to a water-soluble compound that occurs naturally or synthesized, is presented, including its function and deficiency symptoms.
- POWERFUL PMS BUSTERS. // Kiwi;Oct/Nov2011, p19
The article explains how B vitamins riboflavin and thiamine help ease monthly cramp, bloating, and fatigue problems of pre-menstrual syndrome (PMS) according to research from the University of Massachusetts Amherst.