Self-Ops: Sales up 3.4%, food purchases grow 2.7%
- Dining Destination of the Future. Seelye, Katheleen // Food Management;Sep2000, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p22
Features the food emporium, a big trend in food industry with the traditional foodservice and grab-and-go foods in Iowa. Offer of convenience compared to retail stores; Commodities found in emporiums; Impact of the addition of the emporium in college campuses; College campuses adapting the trend.
- Creating specialty items. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;01/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p110
Focuses on wraps and sandwich trends in food services at colleges and universities in the United states. Details on five types of sandwiches offered by Harvard University's Crimson Catering; Brief details on various varieties wraps are available in; Which wraps are more popular; Comments from...
- Participation Sensation! // Food Management;Apr2014, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p10
The article discusses the street food concept offered by dining management services provider in the U.S. METZ Culinary Management, as a creative way to boost student participation in the campus dining program held in Lebanon Valley College in Eastern Pennsylvania.
- Catering Revenues Up on College Campuses. // Food Management;May2000, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p23
Details findings of a survey conducted by Cini-Little International which showed that majority of campus foodservices are enjoying revenue gains from on-campus catering business. Annual catering revenues of school foodservice; Challenges encountered by foodservice operators; Main job...
- in brief. // Food Management;Jul2006, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p17
The article presents several news briefs about food management. Maine is the first state to adopt a meat purchasing policy that will offer preference to products from animals that have not been given antibiotics for nontherapeutic purposes. Compass Group has been chosen by Duke as its new vendor...
- EARNING A HIGH 5: Scores improve at N.J. hospital. // FoodService Director;6/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p8
Reports on the success of the two-prong, team-driven marketing effort, developed by Betty Perez, director of nutrition at the University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey in Newark, for its food service. Goals of the program; Patient satisfaction on the food service of the facility.
- MARKET MATTERS. // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p6
Presents news briefs on the food industry in the U.S. as of February 15, 2003. Operational status of the convenience store, Village Store, at the University of San Diego in California; Popularity of vegetarian foods among college students; Foodservice management contract signed by Tiffin...
- Born to Run. Lawn, John // Food Management;Oct2002, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p38
CX[sub2] concept introduced by the Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee, is designed to maximize production throughput while minimizing transaction time of student customers. Under the concept, the sandwich station, is comparatively brighter than other food spots, where hanging pan...
- ON-CAMPUS TREND CONTINUES: MARKET OPENS IN ALA. // FoodService Director;5/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the renovation of the Market Square of Oakwood College in Huntsville, Alabama, that was completed in November 2002. Background on the food service facility and the school; Overview of the renovation project; Benefits gained after the renovation.