Beyond 2000: Portion-size fresh, ethnic will set pace
- The food guide pyramid. Hunter, Beatrice Trum // Consumers' Research Magazine;Sep95, Vol. 78 Issue 9, p8
Compares the food consumption of Americans with the recommended servings from the US Department of Agriculture's Food Guide Pyramid. Survey indicating discrepancies between reported food intake and actual food eaten; Increase in consumption of fats and oils and sweeteners; Criticisms on the...
- Hold your breath. // Self;Feb96, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p75
Reports on the increasing garlic consumption in the United States from 1975 to 1994 according to the Dept. of Agriculture.
- Whole fruit facts. // Greenhouse Management;Aug2013 Produce Grower, p33
The article offers information on the fruit consumption of people on the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program in the U.S., as indicted in a report that was released by the Economic Research Service of the U.S. Department of Agriculture in 2013.
- U.S. Consumption Patterns of Tree Nuts. Lin, Biing-Hwan; Frazao, Elizabeth; Allshouse, Jane // FoodReview;May-Aug2001, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p54
Analyzes the patterns of tree nut consumption in the United States based on the 1994-1996 food consumption data from the Department of Agriculture. Consumption of tree nuts among 40- to 59-year olds; Role of income and race in the popularity of tree nuts; Benefits of the monosaturated fats...
- Eating at home has the edge. // Nebraska Farmer;Feb2013, Vol. 155 Issue 2, p149
The article reports on a study of consumer's spending on food conducted by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) in October 2011 which reveals that food eaten at home was up by 3.5% while food eaten away from home was up to 10.5%.
- USDA STUDY SAYS `LOOK WEST': Report identifies `big spenders'. // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p30
Focuses on the study of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) which concluded that the hungriest food service patrons or the one who tend to spend most per capita on food from home are in the western part of the country.
- Matching Perception and Reality in Our Diets. Bishow, John; Blaylock, James; Variyam, Jayachandran N. // FoodReview;May-Aug98, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on how perceived intakes vary from actual consumption using the United States Department of Agriculture's 1989-1991 Continuing Survey of Food Intakes by Individuals and Diet and Health Knowledge Survey. Information on the realists, pessimists, optimists and practical's assessment of fat...
- Per Capita Food Supply Tends: Progress Toward Dietary Guidelines. Putnam, Judy; Kantor, Linda Scoff; Allshouse, Jane // FoodReview;Sep-Dec2000, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p2
Discusses the dietary guidelines issued by the United States Department of Agriculture for year 2001. Compliance with the dietary guidelines; Meat consumption in 1999; Recommendations for milk serving.
- Having our cake and eating it, too. Adams, Judi // Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery;Mar2001, Vol. 90 Issue 3, p16
Discusses Americans' daily average consumption of grains, according to `Continuing Survey of Food Intakes by Individuals, 1994-96,' by the United States Department of Agriculture. Greatest consumer attributes of enriched grains; Greatest nutritional attributes of grains; Health claim about folic...