In Calif.'s Orange County: Garden Grove school lunch beats the local competition
- IN SCHOOLS: Meeting the challenge. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p82
Reports on the take-out food service offered in schools in California and Florida. Challenges faced by schools regarding the take-out food concept; Features of the carryout trays; Reason for introducing carts in the Los Angeles School District in California; Special packaging for take-out food...
- EAST BATON ROUGE, LA: Scanners, software help dist. speed-up F&R applications. // FoodService Director;03/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p14
Looks at an automated system used by the East Baton Rouge Parish School District in Los Angeles, California to process applications for free and reduced-price lunch vouchers. What the system consists of; Productivity benefits of the system; Statistics of applications for meal subsidies per day...
- PREPARING FOR QUALITY. // FoodService Director;3/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p59
Deals with the growing popularity of using prepared foods in the U.S. food service industry. Cost issue between prepared foods and foods made from scratch-preparation; Assortment of prepared foods used at the Leander Independent School District in Texas; Advantages of using prepared foods;...
- School District Caters Its Way to an Extra $100k. // Food Management;May2014, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p16
The article reports on the growth of extra revenue for in-house food service departments at Cartwright School, Arizona K-8 School District, driven by the aggressive promotion of its catering program.
- JUST THE FRUITS MA'AM: Students in Wisconsin schools
get the right stuff with no fluff. Mastrelli, Tara // FoodService Director;3/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p40
Provides information on the type of food service introduced by Don Engling, food service director, for students at the Whitewater Unified School District in Wisconsin. Changes made in the student meals; Food offered at the school cafeteria; Prices of lunch meals.
- THE BIG IDEA. // FoodService Director;7/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p28
The article presents ideas for a successful food business operation in schools in the U.S. A mobile application was developed by Chandler Unified School District in Arizona wherein students can make their food decisions. It mentions the opening of the Roots vegetarian restaurant of the...
- College foodservice meets challenges with innovations. Pierce, C. Dennis // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, JumpStart p3
Editorial. Discusses some of the innovations which are being made in colleges in the United States, to improve the food service operations. Details on some of the changes made to cafeterias in colleges; Problems which are being encountered by food service directors; Reference to some of the...
- Comparing in-house vs. national brands. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p174
Compares the quality of the food service offered by the auxiliary service sector and the campus facilities, highlighting a case study conducted at the Michigan State University. Details on some of the methods used to enhance quality of foods at the facilities; Revenues generated by colleges...
- Campus feeders deploy more brands in bids to revive student-center dining. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;7/29/96, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p41
Focuses on the efforts of food service industry to revive student-center dining in college campuses in the United States. Effects of growing percentage of older enrollees; Campus expansion; Scholars' embracing of computer technology.