Says Govt. Reinvention Study: Public reverses opinion on FDA
- Is Food Safety the Next Trade Barrier? Chapman, Nancy // Prepared Foods;Sep99, Vol. 168 Issue 9, p28
Focuses on food safety in the United States. Increase in the number of food recalls due to the presence of undeclared allergens between 1998 and 1999; Need for the adoption of specific lists of common allergen terms; Food and Drug Administration policy regarding food labeling.
- Food security guidances add weapons to anti-terror arsenal. Greenberg, Eric F. // Packaging Digest;Feb2002, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p24
Focuses on the guidance documents issued by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to help food industry companies prevent terrorist attacks. Discussion on food security techniques; Details on food poisoning threats from terrorists; Role of consumers in food security.
- HACCP Notes. // National Provisioner;Jan99, Vol. 213 Issue 1, p50
Reports on developments concerning the implementation of the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) in the United States food processing industry. Partnership between the US Food Safety & Inspection Service and the Food and Drug Administration to enhance food animal producers'...
- Industry news. Galosich, Allison // National Provisioner;Feb97, Vol. 211 Issue 2, p10
Presents several news on various food industries in the United States. Actions taken by US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on the mad cow disease; ConAgra company's Healthy Choice brand; Expansion of Hudson Foods, Rogers and AR Company. INSETS: Promoting health choices.;Turkey cooperative...
- If You Really Want to Understand the FDA, Read Your History Books. Anast, David G. // Medical Design Technology;Feb2003, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p8
Focuses on the role of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the food industry. Efforts of FDA to determine the effects of food preservatives on digestion and health; Way of protecting the consumers; Creation of food and drug policies.
- Food ingredient review: Show us the funding! Pape, Stuart // Prepared Foods;Mar98, Vol. 167 Issue 3, p32
Focuses on the United States Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) food ingredient review programs, as highlighted during 1998. Focus of hearings conducted by the FDA; Examination of the review process for food ingredients; Details on statutory procedures for the issuance of food and color...
- Focus On Functional Foods and Related Health Claims. Katic, Lisa // Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery;Jan2007, Vol. 96 Issue 1, p65
The article looks at the action of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration concerning the regulations on functional foods and health claims of the food industry.
- NEW FOODS AND OLD LAWS: CONFLICT OR ACCOMMODATION? Lambert, Eugene I. // Business Lawyer;Apr72, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p915
Focuses on the imitations controversy in the food industry in the United States. Imitation provisions in the Food and Drug and Federal Meat Inspection laws; Citations on imitation cases of food products; Issues confronting the legislation of imitation cases.
- Food Safety: Big Brother Is Watching... // Food Management;Sep2000, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p62
Reports on the safety practices in food preparation among families in Utah. Investigation of common food safety practices; Statistics of families practicing certain safety practices in food preparation; Role of the United States Food and Drug Administration in promoting food safety practices.