From Campus Meal Plans: Students demand--and get--more choice
- Food fight! McAllister, J.F.O.; Horowitz, Janice M. // Time;11/25/1996, Vol. 148 Issue 24, p23
Lists the five best and five worst top colleges and universities in terms of the healthfulness of their food-service offerings, as ranked by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
- COLLEGES: Portable foods fuel campus volume gains. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p78
Reports on the offering of take-out foods in universities and colleges in the United States. Problems regarding take-out foods; Details on take-out menus; Information on the Survival Bag offered by Reginald Dow director of dining services at Johnson & Wales University in Rhode Island.
- IN COLLEGE: Brands leading the switch to grab-&-go life. // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p61
Reports on the role of brands in leading the food service trend towards grab-and-go foods in colleges. Ready-to-drink soup from Campbell; Introduction of Wetzel's Pretzels; Popularity of the said products among the students.
- Meeting varied demand. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p95
Describes the typical diet of a college student in the United States. Nutritional promotions run in the residence halls and cash operations at East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina; Importance of listing nutritional information; Meals offered to college students.
- Looking Up: About Grab-&-Go. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p34
Looks at the grab-and-go dining lifestyle of college students in the United States. Variety of food students want; Students' means of purchasing food; Outlook for college food service; Emerging operating and menu trends for the third millennium.
- Meatless for meat-eaters. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p102
Highlights the efforts of foodservice employees in several colleges and universities in the United States in enticing students to eat vegetarian diets. Advantages of offering vegetarian menus; Offering from California Polytechnic State University in San Luis Obispo; Area at the University of...
- A College/Univ. Case Study: Healthy, satisfying meals at the Univ. of Rhode Island. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p112
Focuses on the approach developed by the University of Rhode Island in Kingston in making sure college students stay healthy and satisfied with their meals. Comments from Susan Ash, staff dietitian at the university; Information on the belief that the number of vegetarians in the university is...
- Holy Cross' Kimball to Kitchen Puts Fresh Food in Students' Hands. // FoodService Director;1/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p13
The article reports on the development of the Kimball to Kitchen program by the dining services at the College of Holy Cross in Worchester, Massachusetts in an effort to meet the need for students to purchase fresh produce without having to regularly visit a grocery store.
- Food fight: Winners, losers. Salomon, Jeniffer; Horn, Clare // Natural Health;May/Jun97, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p21
Reports on the rating made by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine of the top colleges and universities in the United States on the availability of healthy, low-fat and vegetarian foods in their cafeterias. High marks received by Duke University, University of Pennsylvania and...