An FSD Newstrack Report: Mandatory Meal Plans Still a Market Force
- CAPITALIZING ON `WILLING, REACHABLE' CUSTOMERS: Campus c-stores nearing market saturation. // FoodService Director;07/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p18
Reports that almost all colleges and universities in North America have convenience stores, according to a survey by Cini-Little International Incorporated. Reasons for providing convenience stores in campuses; Factors that enhance the convenience aspect of the store operations; Inventory of...
- CELL PHONE PURCHASES NEXT: Pay methods, product mix mark coll. vending growth. // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p6
Deals with a survey from Cini-Little International on the use of college vending machines equipped with debit/declining balance card readers in North America. Benefits of card readers; Technology being tested by Coca-Cola; Purposes of vending machines.
- Food fight! McAllister, J.F.O.; Horowitz, Janice M. // Time;11/25/1996, Vol. 148 Issue 24, p23
Lists the five best and five worst top colleges and universities in terms of the healthfulness of their food-service offerings, as ranked by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
- COLLEGES: Portable foods fuel campus volume gains. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p78
Reports on the offering of take-out foods in universities and colleges in the United States. Problems regarding take-out foods; Details on take-out menus; Information on the Survival Bag offered by Reginald Dow director of dining services at Johnson & Wales University in Rhode Island.
- IN COLLEGE: Brands leading the switch to grab-&-go life. // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p61
Reports on the role of brands in leading the food service trend towards grab-and-go foods in colleges. Ready-to-drink soup from Campbell; Introduction of Wetzel's Pretzels; Popularity of the said products among the students.
- From Campus Meal Plans: Students demand--and get--more choice. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p16
Asserts that students in the United States demand flexibility when it comes to meal plans. How Penn State in University Park, Pennsylvania addresses the demand of students for convenience; Details of the Flex Plan used by Radford University in Virginia; Strategies used by universities and...
- Meeting varied demand. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p95
Describes the typical diet of a college student in the United States. Nutritional promotions run in the residence halls and cash operations at East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina; Importance of listing nutritional information; Meals offered to college students.
- Looking Up: About Grab-&-Go. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p34
Looks at the grab-and-go dining lifestyle of college students in the United States. Variety of food students want; Students' means of purchasing food; Outlook for college food service; Emerging operating and menu trends for the third millennium.
- Meatless for meat-eaters. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p102
Highlights the efforts of foodservice employees in several colleges and universities in the United States in enticing students to eat vegetarian diets. Advantages of offering vegetarian menus; Offering from California Polytechnic State University in San Luis Obispo; Area at the University of...