What to Watch for: Schools field E. coli suits
- Superfund liability case goes back to lower court. Greczyn, Mary // Waste News;09/07/98, Vol. 4 Issue 17, p3
Reports on the Superfund liability case against Brighton Township, Michigan, which is charged with being liable for clean up costs at a former landfill. Reference to the case United States versus Bestfoods; Comments from Ed Keelean, an attorney for the township; Details on the case.
- Food poisoning investigation Eidson, Millicent; Graves, Garth N.; Guitierrez, Pauline; McLaughlin, J. T.; Nims, Linda // Journal of Environmental Health;Mar/Apr1990, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p295
No abstract available.
- ECJ producer supplier liability case. // Food & Drink Technology;Feb2006, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p13
The article reports on the ruling of the European Court of Justice in cases of no-fault liability, where food poisoning occurred despite good practice. It states that a supplier should be liable only where the producer cannot be identified. Where a producer or supplier had been responsible for...
- Liabilities may accompany business assets. Miller, Laura Novello // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/21/95, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p17A
Discusses the case of `Chicago Truck Drivers Helpers and Warehouse Workers Union (Independent) Pension Fund et al vs. Tasemkin Inc.' involving the issue of liability of for debts of an insolvent company before filing bankruptcy petition. Facts of the case; Caution against acquisition of assets...
- A foodborne outbreak of organophosphate poisoning. Chaudhry, Rama; Lall, Shyam Bala; Mishra, Baijayantimala; Dhawan, Benu // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);07/25/98, Vol. 317 Issue 7153, p268
Presents case studies on foodborne diseases with emphasis on organophosphate poisoning. In-depth look at the case studies; What investigations into the case studies found; Discussion on foodborne diseases in developing countries.
- Schools . . . negligent supervision. Ashman, Allan // American Bar Association Journal;Feb79, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p264
Reports that a school district may be liable as a result of school authorities' negligent supervision of students on school premises in California. Legal duty of the school district to exercise reasonable care in supervising pupils while they are on school premises; Opposition to the imposition...
- ASQ NEWS. // Quality Progress;Sep2014, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p15
The article offers brief American Society for Quality (ASQ) news briefs on topics including an updated 2008 case study of the Pewaukee School District in Wisconsin by ASQ's Knowledge Center and Manu Vora's award of ASQ's 2014 Harrington/Ishikawa Medal.
- Appeal Procedure. // Assessment Journal;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p60
Details the case Millcreek Township School District versus Erie County in New York, about appealing tax assessment. Why Millcreek appealed to the Erie County Board of Assessment Appeals; Argument from the school district; Finding of the trial court on an appeal by the school district.
- IN WAKE OF $4.5-MIL. JUDGMENT: School district switches to precooked beef for liability. // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p10
Explains why the Finley School District in Kennewick, Washington buys precooked meal following a food poisoning incident. Comments about product liability; Background of the food poisoning incident; Impact of the incident to the food service program of the school district.