5-MINUTE NEWS WATCH
- Qilu Petrochemical Came on Stream New Sulfur Unit. // China Chemical Reporter;6/6/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p17
The article reports on the establishment of a sulfur recovery unit in China by Qilu Petrochemical Corp. The company constructed sulfur recovery unit with an 80,000 tons per year capacity whose qualified products were released on May 14, 2008. The major raw material of the project is hydrogen...
- Algae -- the biofuel of the future. // Sustain' Magazine;2008, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p74
The article reports on the construction by Royal Dutch Shell Plc and HR Biopetroleum of a pilot facility in Hawaii to grow marine algae and produce vegetable oil for conversion into biofuel. Algae grow rapidly, are rich in vegetable oil and can be cultivated in ponds of seawater. The companies...
- 3 000 T/A tert-Butylamine Unit Competes Wet Commissioning in Zibo. // China Chemical Reporter;11/21/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 33, p14
The article informs that the second-phase 3,000 t/a tert-butylamine unit in Zibo Fufeng Tonghui Chemical Co. Ltd. of Shandong Zibo Fufeng Chemical Co. Ltd. completed wet commissioning on October 30, 2005. An investment of RMB25 million was put in the second phase on the basis of the matured...
- Qilu Petchem to commission PET. // Asian Chemical News;3/3/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 391, p31
Announces that Qilu Petrochemical will commission its PET resins plant in Zibo, Shandong, China in early March 2003. Feedstocks that will be sourced partly from Sinopec's plants.
- PS prices shoot up. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;8/16/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 456, p23
Reports on an increase in the price of polymers in Asia as of August 2004. Demand for polystyrene in Hong Kong; Effect of high prices on Chinese processors; Impact of the shutdown of Qilu Petrochemical's chloride monomer and polyvinyl chloride plants in July.
- Qilu Gains A Lot in H1. // China Chemical Reporter;9/16/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p7
Reports on the financial performance of Qilu Petrochemical Co. Ltd., a petroleum chemicals company in China, in the first half of 2004. Percentage increase in profit; Breakdown of income from several products such as synthetic rubbers; Effect of soaring chemical prices on earnings.
- business & finance news. // Chemical Week;11/3/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 36, p14
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of November 2004. Plan of Nova Chemicals to establish an Asian operating center in Shanghai, China in 2005; Background on a technology cross-licensing agreement between Akzo Nobel and Origin Electric Co.; Completion of the expansion of ethylene...
- SBR-1507 with Low Mooney Viscosity. // China Chemical Reporter;10/16/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 29, p14
This article reports that SBR-1507 with low mooney viscosity developed by Rubber Factory of Qilu Petrochemical Co. Ltd. has recently made successful commercial trial production. SBR-1507 with low mooney viscosity has the features of low mooney viscosity, low strength and good processing...
- 5-MINUTE MARKET WATCH. // ICIS Chemical Business;4/24/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 16, p7
The article offers news briefs related to the chemical industry as of April 2006. Over 1 million tonne/year of new styrene monomer capacity in China since 2004 will keep the domestic market challenging in 2006, says an official from Qilu Petrochemical. Saudi Arabian producer Sharq will shut its...