Movers & SHAKERS
- New head for Sonatrach. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/26/2003, Vol. 47 Issue 39, p21
Reports on the appointment of Mohamed Meziane as chief executive officer of Sonatrach, the state energy company in Algeria. Tenure of Meziane at Sonatrach; Increase in the production of the company.
- ALGERIA ENERGY. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/14/2008, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p66
The article features several executives in Algeria's energy sector. Energy & Mines Minister Chakib Khelil is a liberal-minded reformer. He was the architect of the 2005 hydrocarbons law that reoriented state energy company Sonatrach as a commercial entity. Upstream investments in Libya, Mali,...
- Fourth exploration round licences awarded. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;12/12/2003, Vol. 47 Issue 50, p14
Highlights the award of licenses for oil and gas permits by the Energy & Mines Ministry of Algeria and state energy company Sonatrach as part of the fourth international licensing round. Selected international oil companies; Comments given by Sonatrach CEO Mohamed Meziane at the award ceremony;...
- Sonatrach lays out 2006 investment plan. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/10/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p16
The article reports on the plan of Sonatrach to invest in the development of the Algeria's hydrocarbons sector in 2006. The investment programme aims to raise hydrocarbons production by 1.5 per cent in 2006 year to 235.6 million tonnes of oil equivalent and covers several new projects. In...
- BP Amoco, Sonatrach Study Petchems JV. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;9/29/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 36, p24
Deals with the feasibility study of Sonatrach and BP Amoco for a petrochemical complex at Arzew, Algeria. Brief information on the petrochemical complex; Comments from BP Amoco; Why BP pulled out its capital investment in Oman.
- Announcement due on Skikda olefins. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/5/2003, Vol. 47 Issue 36, p12
Reports on the pending release of a feasibility study for a proposed petrochemical plant at Skikda in Algeria in October 2003, according to state energy company Sonatrach. Details on the study; Partner of Sonatrach in conducting the study; Information on the subsidiary of Sonatrach in Algeria.
- Algeria. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;12/18/1998, Vol. 42 Issue 51, p20
Presents updates on the petrochemical and mining industry of Algeria as of December 12, 1998. Foreign investment strategy of state-owned energy company Sonatrach; Minerals of Algeria; Information on partnerships.
- BASF, Sonatrach link for propane unit. // Chemical Business;Aug97, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p61
Reports that BASF and Sonatrach are considering an alliance in a range of down-stream petrochemical activities. Production capacity of the propane dehydrogenation plant that will be established by the joint venture; Terms of the joint venture.
- Sonatrach seeks funds for two sites. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;6/27/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2153, p16
Reports that oil and gas company Sonatrach is seeking investors to fund its petrochemical expansions at sites in Algeria in 2005. Projects under consideration; Production capacity of a gas-to-liquids plant which will form part of the firm's Tinrhert integrated gas and oil project; Information...