CHINA OPENS DOORS
- PPG Invests in La Porte Upgrade. // Chemical Market Reporter;04/05/99, Vol. 255 Issue 14, p36
Reports the investment of PPG Industries to expand its fine chemicals production facility in La Porte, Texas. Information in the La Porte facility; Comment from Marino Fuentes general manager of PPG.
- Dow Automotive Grows with Industry Demand. // Automotive Industries;Oct2001, Vol. 181 Issue 10, p4
Features Dow Automotive, manufacturer of automobiles. Demands in the automobile industry; Services offered by the company.
- Untitled. // Chemical Week;7/2/2003-7/9/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 24, p11
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry in the U.S. as of July 2, 2003. Reduction in the credit facility of Crompton; Effort of Warburg Pincus to complete a deal with Wellman; Chemicals management services contract of PPG Industries at General Motors' assembly plants.
- PPG Breaks Ground for Its First Resin Plant in China. // China Chemical Reporter;11/6/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 31, p23
The article reports on the construction of a resin production facility by PPG Industries Inc. at the Zhangjiagang Yangtze International Chemical Industrial Park, Jiangsu Sheng, China. The plant will primarily produce water-based electrodeposition resins and will also ship finished...
- 5-MINUTE NEWS WATCH. Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;4/23/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 16, p7
The article offers news briefs on the chemical industry. An expansion of a divinylbenzene plant in Michigan is being planned by Dow Chemical. Kodak's Light Management Films business has been acquired by Rohm and Haas. PPG Industries has posted a $194 million net income during the first quarter...
- PPG Agrees to Buy BASF's Coil and Extrusion Coatings Unit. Coons, Rebecca // Chemical Week;9/29/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 30, p9
The article reports that PPG Industries has reached an agreement to acquire the North American coil and extrusion coatings business of BASF. The coatings business of BASF has plants in Decatur, Alabama and Monterrey, Mexico, as well as a production line at Belvidere, New Jersey. BASF will...
- PPG to build Turkish plant. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;2/18/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 6, p18
Focuses on the news that PPG Industries will build an automotive coatings plant at Bursa, in western Turkey. Schedule for the production of electrodeposition primer materials at Bursa; Plan for the expansion of production which includes a full line of automotive coatings.
- PPG buys Nalco ethoxylates unit. // Chemical Week;2/9/1994, Vol. 154 Issue 5, p5
Reports on PPG Industries' acquisition of Nalco Chemical's Freeport, Texas plant. Strategy to acquire ethoxylation capacity on the Gulf Coast; Plans to add propoxylation capability.
- PPG upgrades fine chemicals. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/28/96, Vol. 250 Issue 18, p3
Announces that PPG Industries will invest in multi-stage upgrading activities for its fine chemicals facility in La Porte, Texas. Construction of multipurpose organic synthesis unit; Construction of thermal oxidizer unit.