QUOTES OF THE WEEK
- Mr. Alberta, Ads, Activism. // Alberta Views;Dec2010, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p62
The article offers information on various topics in Alberta. It notes that author Robert Kroetsch was born on June 26, 1927. History shows that "Alberta Advantage" stayed as the provincial slogan of the province for 15 years. It points out that activist Mike Hudema proposed 52 actions in his...
- Top power quotes. Wilson, Penny // ICIS Chemical Business;12/3/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 21, p22
The article presents quotes from vice chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) Mohamed al-Mady of Saudi Basic Industries Corp. stressing his well to create the best human resources development plan, president Michael Dolan of ExxonMobil Chemical Co. regarding the integration of chemicals into...
- Making Movement. Kay, Randy // Alternatives Journal (A\J) - Canada's Environmental Voice;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p36
The article reviews the book "An Action a Day Keeps Global Capitalism Away," by Mike Hudema. INSET: Renewable Energy Breakdown..
- Incoming Ford boss urged to deliver on green pledge. Lester, Robert // Marketing Week;9/14/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p4
The article reports on the demand of environmental groups to Allan Mulally, chief of Ford Motor Co., to deliver on his predecessor's promises to reduce fuel emissions in Great Britain. Mike Hudema of Global Exchange and Sarah Connolly of Rainforest Action Network, co-directors of the Jumpstart...
- QUOTES OF THE WEEK. Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business;1/14/2008, Vol. 273 Issue 2, p6
The article presents quotations from several professionals in the chemical industry including Jeffrey Weidenhamer, a chemist at Ashland University on the illegal international shipment of electronics, Stravos Dimas, European environment commissioner on limiting carbon dioxide emissions and Fadel...
- CHEMICAL REACTIONS. Lambert, Ian; Cohen, Allan // ICIS Chemical Business;4/28/2008, Vol. 273 Issue 17, p6
The article presents the views of two executives from the chemical industry on the changes made in the periodical "ICIS Chemical Business," and also presents several quotes related to the chemical industry. Ian Lambert, CEO of Lucite International Inc., says that the journal gives news and...
- VOICES FROM THE WEB. // ICIS Chemical Business;4/16/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 14, p7
The article presents quotes from various blogs including one from the American Chemical Society (ACS) Careers Blog on new jobs in 2012, one from John Richardson on China's monoethylene (MEG) market, and one from Doris de Guzman on the ACS and its Green Chemistry contest.
- EXPECTATIONS ARE HIGH FOR MORE DEAL ACTIVITY IN 2011. // ICIS Chemical Business;3/7/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 9, p12
The article presents quotes from several notable professionals regarding the expected rise in the merger and acquisition (M&A) activity in the chemical industry in 2011, including those by Peter Young of Young & Partners, and Allan Benton of Scott-Macon.
- Europe firms under threat. Beacham, Will // ICIS Chemical Business;9/27/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 10, p30
The article presents quotes from four commentators including Deloitte's Great Britain corporate finance advisory team assistant director Tom Frankum reporting the aim of chemical companies in Europe to achieve higher growth emerging markets, Boost & Co.'s Joachim Rotering asserting the small...