New Year hangover ends
- FALLING CRUDE AND WEAKER FEEDSTOCKS HIT SENTIMENT. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;9/25/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 36, p40
The article looks at the price trends of petrochemicals for 2006. By mid-September 2006, a decline in crude and feedstock propylene values, as well as poor demand from the acrylic fibres industry, contributed to weaker market sentiment. The prices of monoethylene glycol rose by around $53/tonne...
- INTERMEDIATES IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;10/4/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 11, p20
The article presents news briefs related to the petrochemical industry including a rise in ethylene glycol (EG) prices in the U.S. in September 2010, the rollover of methyl isobutyl ketone (MIBK) for September 2010, and the escalation of European acrylic acid and acrylate ester contract prices...
- INTERMEDIATES IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;9/6/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 7, p18
The article presents news briefs related to the petrochemical industry including increase in the price of the European monoethylene glycol, effort of U.S. isopropanol (IPA) suppliers to increase contract price by 3 cents/lb and the proposal of U.S. vinyl acetate monomer producers to raise the...
- Alpek mulls Mexico C3, EG projects. CHANG, JOSEPH; GREENWOOD, AL // ICIS Chemical Business;11/24/2014, Vol. 286 Issue 18, p17
The article discusses the Mexican petrochemical group Alpek, focusing on the company's business expansion plans. Topics include new plants for on-purpose propylene (C3) and ethylene glycol (EG) production; the possible creation of an integrated purified terephthalic acid/polyethylene...
- Snug supply supports hikes. // ICIS Chemical Business;9/7/2009, Vol. 276 Issue 8, p38
the article presents information on the petrochemical industry in the U.S. and Europe. US ethylene glycol producers are still pushing for 5-6 cent/lb price hikes that were due to take effect recently. Methylene chloride prices in Europe's export spot market have risen because of strong demand...
- PETCHEMS IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;10/18/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 13, p15
The article offers business news briefs related to the petrochemical industry including decline in the U.S. propylene inventories by 1.5 percent, licensing of paraxylene (PX) technology by the U.S. engineering firm CBI and propylene production by the Shenhua Ningxia Coal Industry Group.
- PETCHEMS IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;3/7/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 9, p17
The article presents news briefs on the petrochemical industry, including those on Methanex of Canada, world's largest ethylene (C2) cracker furnace, and propylene stocks in the U.S.
- US contracts rise on oil and tight supply. BURRIDGE, ELAINE // ICIS Chemical Business;4/25/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 15, p15
The article presents data related to the petrochemical industry including rise in propylene (C3) and Orthoxylene (OX) contracts in the U.S. in April 2011.
- Untitled. // ICIS Chemical Business;8/20/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 7, p17
The article presents news briefs related to the chemical industry. The nature of the Chinese chemical market is changing as the government attempts to shift the focus away from low-value industries to more efficient ones. Monoethylene glycol (MEG) prices have risen after Saudi Basic Industries...