The sky's the limit
- Nanotech concerns trigger study. // Process Engineering;Jul2003, Vol. 84 Issue 7, p4
Discusses the launch of an independent study to examine the risks and benefits of nanotechnology by the British government. Implications of the nanotechnology for the society; Establishment of the government-sponsored study carried out by the Royal society and the Royal Academy of Engineering;...
- The smaller the scale, the bigger the problems. // Process Engineering;Jul2003, Vol. 84 Issue 7, p7
Comments on the issue of nanotechnology in Great Britain.
- Gearing Up for The Next Big Thing. Getreu, Ian // Electronic News;3/10/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 10, pN.PAG
Comments on the effects of the emergence of nanometer technology on the high technology industry. Importance of the right nanometer design; Nanometer challenge for the electronic design automation market.
- Nanotechnology Set for Exponential Growth. Kramer, Karen L. // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;Mar2002, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p6
Identifies from the emerging U.S. nanotechnology business which is forecast to grow dramatically from 2002 to 2012. Areas of growth; Microelectronics; Opportunities for the adhesives and sealants industry.
- Current situation and industrialization of Taiwan nanotechnology. Hsin-Ning Su; Pei-Chun Lee; Min-Hua Tsai; Kuo-Ming Chien // Journal of Nanoparticle Research;Dec2007, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p965
AbstractÂ Â Nanotechnology is projected to be a very promising field, and the impact of nanotechnology on society is increasingly significant as the research funding and manufactured goods increase exponentially. A clearer picture of Taiwanâ€™s current and future nanotechnology industry...
- Nanoproducts Now (Almost). // Industry Week/IW;Nov2006, Vol. 255 Issue 11, p52
This article provides information on the nanotechnology industry. The author said there is hard and fast evidence that the nanotechnology industry is shifting out of the hype stage into the commercialization stage. According to the National Center for Manufacturing Sciences, 58% of the nearly...
- IE in the nano era. Kuo, Way // Industrial Engineer: IE;Dec2007, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p24
The article presents the author's emphasis on the role that industrial engineers must play in the nanotechnology industry. It is cited that industrial engineers have not contributed to the advancement in embedded product design and manufacturing. The author also believes that industrial...
- NANOSECOND TO NONE. Fickenscher, Lisa // Crain's New York Business;1/28/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p29
Focuses on high technology industries in New York City. Significance of investments for going public companies; Definition of nanoscience; Uses of nanotechnology.
- Curbing the dogs of hype. Coffee, Peter // eWeek;1/2/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p47
The author comments on the recent trend regarding nanotechnology in the U.S. He differed on the issue that such technology is a fad and does not believe that its future is endangered by a backlash against excessive hype. He was surprised to find that nanoscale techniques are already being...