5-MINUTE NEWS WATCH
- Chemical Reactions. Beacham, Will // ICIS Chemical Business;8/20/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 7, p35
The article presents information on several issues, including mortgage securities, business partnerships, and joint ventures. It is stated that people with mortgage securities found that they could not sell them, and so they sold other things. Reliance Industries Ltd. and Hindustan Petroleum...
- HPCL eyes tie-up with Reliance to expand oil retailing biz. // Chemical Business;Sep2014, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p74
The article reports that Indian state-owned petroleum marketing company Hindustan Petroleum Corp. Ltd. (HPCL) is planning to form a partnership with conglomerate Reliance Industries Ltd. in an effort to expand its presence in the oil retailing sector.
- Hindustan Petroleum Corp in JV talks with two Mid Eastern oil majors for refinery. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Jun2014, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p81
The article reports on talks initiated by Hindustan Petroleum Corp. Ltd. with two West Asian oil majors to partner in its proposed refinery-cum-petrochemicals complex in Andhra Pradesh, India.
- Window on financial developments in chemical industries. Desai, Suresh Thakur // Chemical Business;Feb2005, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p40
Presents news briefs about financial developments in the chemical industries as of February 1, 2005. Elimination of subsidies on fertilisers and petroleum products favoured by APEX Industry body Assocham; Plan of Reliance Industries not to buy shares from promoters or through negotiated deals...
- Window on financial developments. Desai, Suresh Thakur // Chemical Business;Mar2002, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p49
Presents updates on the chemical industry in India as of March 2002. Net sales posted by Hindustan Petroleum Corp. Ltd. for the third quarter ended December 31, 2001; Prices of polymers and polyester from Reliance Industries Ltd.; Profit reported by Panacea Biotech for the quarter ended...
- Cynicism is rife over viability of HPCL refinery plan. Hariharan, Malini // Asian Chemical News;9/5/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 505, p25
Reports on the skeptical reaction of chemical industry to the plan of Hindustan Petroleum Corp. Ltd. (HPCL) to build an export-oriented refinery and petrochemcial complex at Visakhapatanam, Andhra Pradesh, India. Financial condition of HPCL; Reasons for market skepticism on the firm's plan;...
- Better refining margins help HPCL post 48% growth in profit. // Chemical Business;Jun2011, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p68
The article reports on the increase in net profit of Hindustan Petroleum Corp. Ltd. (HPCL) for the quarter ended March 31, 2011. Its net profit rose 48 percent at 1,122.66 crore rupees against 757.53 crore rupees in the same quarter of 2010. The gross refining margin (GRM) of HPCL rose to 8.55...
- HPCL gets approval for refinery, petrochemical complex in Rajasthan, India. // Chemical Business;Oct2013, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p56
This article reports on the approval by the Indian Union Cabinet of the construction of Hindustan Petroleum Corp. Ltd.'s refinery-cum-petrochemical complex in Barmer district in Rajasthan, India.
- Vizag petrochem project on hold: viability to be reevaluated after 6 months. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Oct2009, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p67
The article reports on the decision of Hindustan Petroleum Corp. Ltd. to delay the construction of a refinery and petrochemical complex in Vishakhapatnam, India. Weak market conditions caused by the global economic slowdown is the stated reason for the postponement of the construction. The...