THE WEEK IN BRIEF
- Archer Daniels Midland Forms Business Unit. // Chemical Market Reporter;1/6/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 1, p4
Reports that Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) Co. is forming the ADM Specialty Oils and Fats Group, a business unit to serve customers in the food, pharmaceutical and personal care industries. Schedule of the construction; Valued-added products for the packaged and specialty oil markets.
- Fuel from a tropical nut. // Chemical Business;Jun2008, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p75
The article reports on the decision of Bayer CropScience to enter into a collaboration agreement with Daimler and Archer Daniels Midland Co. (ADM) to exploit the potential of the inedible Jatropha nut. The plant can produce effective high-quality biodiesel. Diesel is produced by ADM from...
- WHO'S MOVING WHERE? // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;9/11/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 9, p46
The article presents information on promotions of executives within the chemical industry. Thomas Ames was named vice president of transportation and logistics for the grain group of Archer Daniels Midland Co., Dean Bostic was selected national sales manager of Acme-Hardesty. John Tucker joined...
- specialties. // Chemical Week;3/14/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 11, p29
Presents updates on the specialty chemicals industry as of March 14, 2001. Alliance between Kao Corp. and Archer Daniels Midland; Investigation by the Indian government into the alleged price dumping of 2-methyl-5-nitro imidazole by Chinese companies; Acquisition of Rexam Decorative Specialties...
- Raw Material Suppliers Target the Powder Coatings Market. Schmitt, Bill // Chemical Week;11/6/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 44, p37
Reports on the International Coatings Expo show of chemical firms in New Orleans, Louisiana in October 2002. Expansion of the use of powder coatings; Powder coating technologies exhibited in the show; Information on the volatile organic compound reactive coalescing agent from Archer Daniel...
- MARKET BRIEFS. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/09/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 15, p10
Covers news briefs in the chemical industry as of October 9, 2000. Decision of Chevron Corp. to exit from petroleum wax business; Move of Archer Daniels Midland Co. to close its plant in Spyck, Germany; Effort of Crompton in increasing prices for several of its products.
- breaking news Roundup. // Chemical Market Reporter;8/6/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 6, p3
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of August 6, 2001. Expansion of the ethanol capacity of Archer Daniels Midland Co.; Foam plant built by Badische Anilin und Soda-Fabrik AG.; Acquisition of Pieri by W.R. Grace SAS.
- MARKET BRIEFS. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/25/1999, Vol. 256 Issue 17, p20
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of October 25, 1999. Agreement between Archer Daniels Midland Co. and Ntec Inc. to develop and commercialize new markets for ethyl lactate; Earnings of Cargill for the first quarter ended August 31.
- Solazyme, ADM to produce algal oils at former Telles unit. COONS, REBECCA // Chemical Week;11/26/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 30, p8
The article discusses an agreement concerning the manufacture of tailored algal oils by the chemical manufacturer Archer Daniels Midland for the renewable oil company Solazyme at a Clinton, Iowa fermentation facility.