RCS Wireless Technology
- Products to Watch. // Fortune;1/1/2000 Special Issue, Vol. 141 Issue 1, p130
Presents information on wireless communications products. Motorola Timeport L series telephone; Qualcomm Globalstar Tri-mode phone; Samsung SCH-8500 phone; Pagers such as Glenayre Electronics AccessLink II; Services such as Bell Atlantic Mobile; Price, special features, and recommendations.
- THE PHONE RANGER. Mountney, Jason // Ralph;Oct2005, p64
Evaluates several mobile phones. Sony Ericsson K300i; Sony Ericsson T290i; O2 Xphone IIm.
- Handset results and lessons learned. Clark, Robert // Wireless Asia;May2005, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p4
This article focuses on the lessons learned from the worldwide mobile handsets sales. The first thing in the handset business is the product range. Phone-makers must keep the product portfolio fresh by hitting the launch deadlines. Second, it is very geographic. Motorola Inc. is tops by a long...
- EAR AND FAR. Pedroza, Gisela M. // Entrepreneur;Apr2004, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p20
To wait for flights or to stand in line does not have to be boring. FM-Xtra Mobile form Digisette combines the functionality of a handset with an FM radio tuner. One can listen to music or news over its quality ear-pieces and press the button near its lavaliere microphone to answer or end phone...
- The pathway to IP telephony. Baker, Glenn // New Zealand Management;Jun2000, Vol. 47 Issue 5, e Office p7
Focuses on integrated or adjuct wireless telephony in New Zealand. How the technology works; Advantages of a voice image processing; Pieces of advice on choosing suppliers for wireless telephony. INSET: The office without wires.
- CTIA: Wireless growth accelerates. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/15/99, Vol. 14 Issue 26, p48
Reports on the growth in the number of wireless telephone subscribers in the United States, in the first half of 1999. Percentage of growth; Comparison with growth rates in previous periods; Total number of people using wireless telephones.
- A smart-phone odyssey. Brodsky, Ira // Wireless Review;08/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p62
Offers information on wireless smart telephones. Challenges faced by wireless carriers; What sets wireless smart telephones from others; Improvements in smart telephones; Technologies that may help smart telephones to perform well. INSET: Browser works with smart phones.
- Not Sold on Cellphones. Little, Matthew J. // Products Finishing;Apr2003, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p8
Discusses various limitations of cellphones. Impact of extra features in the cellphone on the phone's battery; Drawback of an internal antenna in the cellphone; Problems arising in cellphone's signal in suburban areas.
- Wireless carriers running out of phone numbers. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;05/29/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p36
Reports on the concern by wireless carriers that they are running out of telephone numbers to assign to subscribers.