Corning Cable Systems
- Gigabit Ethernet: Going further than thought possible. Leichter, Eric // Lightwave;Apr2001, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p53
Discusses a testing study which demonstrated how typical connectors and several cabled multimode-fiber types would fit into a Gigabit Ethernet system. Data and methodology used; Implications of the findings; Background information on Gigabit Ethernet.
- Fatbeam Launches Fiber Optic Network in Butte Montana. // ATM/ Gigabit;Jul2013, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p8
The article informs that the competitive broadband access provider Fatbeam LLC, is building high capacity fiber optic network in Butte, Montana. It further reports that the Fatbeam had signed long term contracts with the local bodies Butte School District and the Montana Economic Revitalization...
- How to install fiber optic connectors. Colombo, Allan B. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov1997 Part 2 of 2, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p69
Demonstrates the steps involved in attaching ST connectors to fiber-optic cable of security systems. Tools and supplies in installing fiber-optic cable; Basic types of connectors when installing fiber-optic cables; Cutting of cladding from the fiber-optic cable; Installation of tension spring...
- Using laser-optimized multimode fiber for 1G and 10G campus backbones. KOZISCHEK, DAVID // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Nov2013, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p11
The article discusses the benefits of using laser-optimized multimode fiber as campus backbones for one- and 10 gigabit (Gbe) Internet connection. It provides guidelines on how to properly choose different types of multimode fiber and how to design them to ensure efficient functions. It also...
- Choosing the best media for fiber-in-the-horizontal. George, John // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Sep2003, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p17
Presents tips in choosing the best media to install fiber in horizontal networks. Use of centralized system in installing fiber-to-the-desk; Identification of upgrade possibilities; Translation of the system to higher bandwidth.
- Differential mode delay (DMD) in graded-index multimode fiber: effect of DMD on bandwidth tuned by restricted launch conditions. Lieber, W.; Yi, X.S.; Nontasut, N.; Curticapean, D. // Applied Physics B: Lasers & Optics;2002, Vol. 75 Issue 4/5, p487
The bandwidth behavior of graded-index multimode fibers (GI-MMFs) for different launching conditions is investigated to understand and characterize the effect of differential mode delay. In order to reduce the launch-power distribution the near field of a single-mode fiber is used to produce a...
- Pan-European long-haul fiber demand increased 300%; operators to deploy 16.7 million fiber-km by 2002. // Lightwave;Jun2000, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p210
Focuses on the increase in deployment of optical fiber by Pan-European network operators. Factors that influenced the growth of optical fiber deployment; Geographic scope of networks and the use of high fiber-count cables in the telecommunication market in Europe.
- Standards facilitate cost-effective fiber-to-the-desk solutions. Beam, Tony; Kolesar, Paul // Lightwave;Feb98, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p108
Explains how centralized cabling makes it possible for network designers to use optical fiber more cost-effectively and to realize a number of other benefits. Ways by which centralized optical-fiber cabling reduces initial installation costs; Advantages of centralized cabling in terms of...
- Optical-fiber window-stripping: Why and how? Doyon, Pete // Lightwave;Sep2002, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p60
Discusses window stripping, a process by which optical component manufacturers need to strip the acrylate coating from optical fibers to expose the bare fiber surface at a location other than at the fiber ends. Applications that require a window strip; Dimensional tolerance requirements for a...