VSI-Viscount Systems Inc
- False Alarms--False Hope? // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2002, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p8
Editorial. Focuses on the security alarm industry's struggle in the U.S. to reduce false security alarms. Need for proper allocation of resources by the security alarm industry; Impact of false security alarms on the security alarm industry.
- Product Solutions Outdoor Protection. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2002, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p8
Features products for outdoor protection chosen by 'Security Magazine' editors. Philips' AutoDome camera; Silent Witness' V294A Angledome wedge style camera; Senstar-Stellar Corp.'s Perimitrax, an outdoor buried cable intrusion detection sensor; Delta Scientific's IP500 portable barriers.
- Extending the Perimeter. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2002, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p11
Reports that security buyers have extended the perimeter monitored by electronic security systems. Increase use of sensors and detectors; Shift from contracted central station to monitoring to proprietary monitoring; Technology advances since September 11th.
- Through the Eyes of Experience. Levinson, Howard // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Dec2000, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p22
Comments on problems faced by security systems industry in the United States. Diversity in quality; Widespread use of the terms, 'expert' and 'consultant'; Installation issues; Need for security professionals to be trained both technically and ethically.
- Security System Firms. // Las Vegas Business Press;2004 Book of Lists, p93
Lists the largest security system firms in Las Vegas, Nevada ranked according to number of local employees. Securitas; Wackenhut of Nevada Inc.; ADT Security Services.
- PROJECTS in the News. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2013, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p128
The article offers information on the installation projects of Electronix Systems Central Station Alarm (CSA) Inc. and the supplier of security systems and software, Viscount Systems. It says that Electronix has completed a fire installation project at international research institution, Cold...
- Changing technology: The key to the future--not the lock. D'Aversa-Williams // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Oct99, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p6
Discusses the benefits of technological innovations to security professionals. Use of computer networks to manage facilities; Technology for seamless integration across wide area networks; Advances in electronic security systems.
- On the Market. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Feb2005, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p49
Features several security equipment available in the U.S. as of February 2005. Mortise Lock from Essex Industries; AlertVideo software from Northrop Grumman Information Technology; Wi-Fi module from Viscount Systems Inc. for its MESH access control system.
- News & Notes. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jun2005, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p8
This article presents news and notes related to security products and services. Last month, the U.S. Senate in 100-0 vote approved the federal Real ID Act which aims at standardizing and strengthening the security of state driver's licenses. Previously, the U.S. House had voted approval. A...