- PROTECT & SERVE. Durocher, Joseph // Restaurant Business;12/1/2000, Vol. 99 Issue 23, p87
Deals with restaurant safety and security. Three categories of security; Installation of motion-activated lighting in poorly lit areas; Identification of unsafe equipment; Benefit of installing a sprinkler system.
- Beyond the Door: Scalability to Specialties. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul2004, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p56
Discusses developments in enterprise security integration in the U.S. Development of versatile and feature enriched solutions for facilities ranging from small offices to complex structures; Introduction of database partitioning that allows customized parameters on individual employee and...
- Executive Summary. // Saudi Arabia Defence & Security Report;Q3 2008, p5
The article examines the defense and security services of Saudi Arabia. Security services of the country remains unstable with significant activity by anti-regime militants and the continuation of threats of violence against foreigners. The instability has fuelled a lucrative market in...
- BADGING SYSTEM COMPLEMENTS ACCESS SOFTWARE. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;May2008, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p124
The article evaluates the security system from Continental Access.
- Olive Oil to Concrete, Video Pours It On. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2011, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p122
The article highlights the technology used at Ozinga Ready Mix Concrete, the largest family-owned ready-mix concrete manufacturer, for their safety measures in North America. It mentions that the company has 30 dispatcher workstations with two dozens of 42-inch flat screen monitors. It adds that...
- MOBILE CONVENIENCE WITH ACCESS CONTROL SYSTEM. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Apr2012, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p109
The article offers brief information on the CardAccess 3000 Web Client from Continental Access.
- SECURITY MANAGEMENT IN HOTEL BUILDINGS. KWIECIŃSKI, MIROSŁAW // Tourism & Hospitality Management;May2010 Supplement, p464
Hotel is the building requiring the keeping of various safety regulations. In this article the description of the decisive factors concerning the effective security regulations of the guests and the staff has been discussed. Putting the emphasis on the imagination of the managers as well as the...
- Information Security: Agencies Need to Develop and Implement Adequate Policies for Periodic Testing: GAO-07-65. Wilshusen, Gregory S. // GAO Reports;11/20/2006, p1
Agencies rely extensively on computerized information systems and electronic data to carry out their missions. To ensure the security of the information and information systems that support critical operations and infrastructure, federal law and policy require agencies to periodically test and...
- Consolidation Looms Large at ASIS Seminar. Whitehurst, Lindsay // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Sep2004, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p15
This article focuses on the 50th annual American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS). The effects of consolidation on the business and the equipment of the security industry are the biggest issues at the ASIS seminar later this month. Consolidation affects three different groups:...