PDAs Gone Wild!
- Onset offers security for Blackberry. // RCR Wireless News;3/18/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p67
Reports on the plan of Onset Technology to offer RemoteLock, an application security software for BlackBerry handheld computer from Research In Motion. Developer of the software; Features of the application.
- Portable Device Security. Bourke, James C. // New Jersey CPA;May/Jun2010, p14
The article offers information on how to protect private and sensitive data stored in portable devices. It suggests that portable devices such as personal data assistants (PDA), memory sticks, and smart phones should be protected with a strong password. It also notes the significance of storing...
- Mobility Madness: Security and the Smartphone. Ritchey, Diane // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2012, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p32
The article looks at the security risks associated with mobile devices, particularly with smartphones and table computers. It highlights the growth in the number of employees who use at least one portable mobile device at work, stating how such devices increase their productivity. The...
- Webroot Survey. // Software World;May2008, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p26
The article reports on the Webroot Survey of Webroot which demonstrates that travel, personal webmail and social networking websites are frequently accessed by employees in Great Britain's workplace. The Webroot Survey finds out that employees frequently connects with their webmail and social...
- Privacy Update. VAN HORN, ROYAL // Phi Delta Kappan;Nov2006, Vol. 88 Issue 3, p183
This article offers a look at several items in technology security, reporting first on children and teenagers in the United States who have blogs on the Internet. According to the author, who cites a Pew/Internet study, nineteen percent of Internet users between the ages of 12 and 17 keep a...
- CORRECTIONS. // PC World;Aug2012, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p10
Corrections are presented to the articles "FILL Your Mobile Security Toolbox" and "Remote-Control Tech Support" in the July 2012 issue.
- Security well in hand. Schwartz, Ephraim // InfoWorld;4/22/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p46
Offers a look at the plethora of security features in the handheld operating systems market. Comments from Steve Sakoman, chief product officer of PalmSource; Function of the Cryptographic Provider Manager feature of the Palm OS 5; Capabilities of the Pocket PC 2002 from Microsoft Corporation.
- The Hidden Dangers of Quick-Response Codes. Crosman, Penny // American Banker;9/18/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 144, p7
The article discusses malicious code software applications disguised as quick-response (QR) code readers or advertisements, mentions chief technology officer David Maman of the security company GreenSQL, and anticipates the increased development of mobile device security technology.
- McAfee aims to shield networks from PDA viruses. Niccolai, James // Network World;08/28/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p34
Reports on McAfee Associates Inc.'s release of VirusScan Handheld, a software designed to protect corporate networks from viruses carried on personal digital assistants (PDA) and other handheld computers. Product's aim to help firms deal with the growing number of employees who use PDA to...