Making a 'Mesh' of It
- Next Gen Access Means an 'IP Door'. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Feb2008, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p50
An interview with Stephen Pineau, chief executive officer (CEO) of Viscount Systems Inc. (VSI), is presented. When asked on will Internet Protocol (IP)-based readers improve reliability, he replies that if networks fail, IP-based readers can function in a degraded mode, and it can use high...
- WAP Forum CEO: There's light at the end of the tunnel. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;1/7/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p4
Discusses the views of Robert L. Brown, chief executive officer of WAP Forum on the wireless application protocol (WAP) industry. Reasons for the popularity of DoCoMo's i-mode wireless Internet service; Challenges encountered by WAP Forum; Contributions of Brown in the wireless industry.
- Mobile phone charge system hindered by banking regulations. Riley, John // Computer Weekly;11/18/2003, p20
Next year, users will be able to point their camera phones at a barcode to trigger a Wireless Application Protocol page download and make instant, low-value transactions. That was the vision presented at last week's CityIT conference organized by Tim Jones, the chief executive of Simpay, a...
- Kyocera Exec Joins Zucotto Wireless. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;6/3/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 22, p8
Reports business developments in San Diego, California as of June 2002. Recruitment of David Grooms to the position of chief executive officer of Zucotto Wireless Inc.; Development of wireless data link by Cubic Corp.; Approval of the patent for Ameranth Wireless Inc.
- Executive Desiderata. Wickham, Rhonda L. // Wireless Review;11/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p5
Presents some rules of engagement for chief executive officers in the wireless communications industry. Reminder in adding technology, services or companies; Step to be taken after sharing one's vision and wisdom; Concern over compulsive corporate buying.
- Opera browser simplifies wireless Internet. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;12/1/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p12
Reports on the goal of Opera Software ASA CEO Jon Tetzchner to eliminate the Wireless Application Protocol. Versions of the Internet; Programming features of wireless Internet; Platform offering of Opera for wireless carriers.
- 100 WiMAX deployments and counting, despite downturn in economy. Salazar, Cary E. // RCR Wireless News;10/6/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 31, p21
The article reports on the 100 WiMax deployments in spite of the financial crises experienced in the U. S. Regardless of the economic downturn experienced by the country, WiMAX vendors, chipmakers, and operators are still prepared to take on the wireless market. According to Fred Wright, senior...
- Mobilizing the desk phone. Dix, John // Network World;12/18/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p24
The article reports that Vivek Khuller, chief executive officer of Divitas, said that enterprises have done a good job in mobilizing office workers by doling out laptops but have ignored one core business asset which is the enterprise phone. He contends that the desk phone is still the primary...
- Nine wireless companies to watch. Cox, John // Network World;8/18/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p14
The article presents nine wireless and mobile technology companies established in the U.S. These companies include GainSpan Corp., Ozmo Devices, Varaha Systems and Wireless Grids Corp. Information about their primary products, services and year of incorporations is provided. Their products...