Incident Response: Communication is Key
- IT'S SHOW TIME, FOLKS. Reynolds, Larry // Management Review;Jun90, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p52
Presents tips for managers on things to consider when working with the media during an emergency. Importance of being completely honest; Determination of what general topics will be covered before an interview; Organization of information into key points.
- Business Continuity by Design. Wainwright, Victor L. // Health Management Technology;Mar2007, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p20
The article focuses on the importance of business continuity planning to prevent disasters from impairing a facility's performance. Disaster recovery focuses primarily on risks, data protection and planning. However, business continuity planning takes this one step farther by designing the means...
- It's Good to be Single. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Feb2009, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p42
The article discusses the benefits of single sign on (SSO) against digital and physical threats. It is stated that SSO helps the user to access multiple applications he is authorized to access by providing his credentials once. Digital threats include hackers, viruses or network bottlenecks,...
- Enterprise Security Audits. Ali Pabrai, Uday O. // Certification Magazine;Sep2005, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p30
This article focuses on the importance of auditing to computer security in business enterprises. Security audits provide a methodical examination and review of the enterprises defenses, resulting in an audit report that summarizes findings and provides details about problems or concerns....
- CLASSIC, MODERN, AND POST-MODERN APPROACHES TO MAKING SECURITY STRATEGY. Tagarev, Todor; Ivanova, Petya // Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Techn;2009, Vol. 1, Special section p7
The article describes classic, modern and post-modern approaches to making security strategy. Security strategy is defined in the article as the art and science of developing, applying, and coordinating the instruments of national power to achieve national security objectives. The challenges of...
- Amino technology provides digital rights protection. // Image Technology;Dec2001, Vol. 83 Issue 10, p18
The article reports on the new security agent from Amino Communications. The security agent protects all types of online digital assets. It also secures the distribution of contents over the broadband Internet Protocol networks. The new security agent also has a varying level of encryption in...
- How to secure your small business. Kidman, Angus // Australian PC User;Jun2007, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p41
The article presents advice on how to protect one's business information technology (IT) without spending too much. One option is to farm out IT security management to managed services, which monitors incoming electronic mail to eliminate spam and malware before it arrives, or cover the entire...
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Williams, John R.; Campus, Julio C.; Bolden, Greg; Appelbaum, Rick; Lydie, Phil; LaVoy, Sharron // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Nov2006, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p14
Several letters to the article are presented in response to the article "Security 500 Ranking Survey," in the September 2006 issue.
- Solid Plan for Scans. // Information Security;Feb2006, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p41
Provides information on the Foundstone Enterprise vulnerability management product from McAfee. Performance capabilities; Key features; Functional standards.