County Secures Its Facilities Through HVAC Integration
- Combining Security Systems--Part 2. Rosenberg, Paul // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Dec2000, Vol. 99 Issue 13, p46
Part II. Describes the case of a manufacturing plant which combined security systems to avoid security scenarios in the future. Structural and layout complications; Security issues before the new system; Need for upgrades.
- IMC Can Affect Boiler Installations. Desens, Peter // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/10/2003, Vol. 220 Issue 11, p19
Focuses on the International Mechanical Code (IMC), a building code for the installation of residential boilers used by certain areas in the U.S. Comparison between the previous code and IMC; Certain states using the code; Several low water cutoff codes made available to the market.
- Doctor's Home Gets Top-Of-The-Line Treatment. Turpin, Joanna R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/19/2002, Vol. 216 Issue 16, p14
Reports on MercAir's installation of a heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system in a mansion owned by a doctor in Tampa, Florida, as of August 19, 2002. Design of the doctor's home; Features of the HVAC system installed by the contractor.
- Texas Mansion Has Big Geothermal System. Turpin, Joanna R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/19/2002, Vol. 216 Issue 16, p16
Reports on Geothermal Air Conditioning's installation of a heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system in a mansion in Woodlands, Texas, as of August 19, 2002. Features of the HVAC system installed by the contractor; Factors which affected the installation.
- Survey Sheds Light On Economy. Hall, John R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;12/23/2002, Vol. 217 Issue 17, p1
Focuses on the performance of the heating and ventilation industry in the U.S. Impact of the economic downturn on the business; Contribution of the installation services to the industry sales; Salaries of the service technicians.
- Go with the best. WHEELER, JIM // Supply House Times;Aug2015, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p60
The article offers the author's insights on the need for people to choose the best equipment manufacturers and installation in the heating, ventilating, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVACR) industry.
- When It Comes To Lawsuits, Forewarned Is Forewarned. Hall, John // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;2/18/2002, Vol. 215 Issue 8, p27
Comments on the impact of building security measures on heating, ventilation and air conditioning trade in the U.S. Damaging effects of defective equipments; Increase in cost of lawsuits; Importance of the legal aspects of warranty.
- Quality Installations Being Questioned. Murphy, Mike // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;1/22/2007, Vol. 230 Issue 4, p22
The author reflects on the quality installation specifications that serve as guidelines in ensuring better installations by the heating and ventilating industry in the U.S. He discusses the various problems that beset the industry which may lead to customer discomfort, dissatisfaction and public...
- The Importance Of Installation Checklists. Hall, John R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/30/2004, Vol. 222 Issue 18, p18
Discusses the importance of installation checklists in HVAC contracting. Skills that should be learned by HVAC installers; Features of an effective installation checklist; Contractors who have set installation checklists.