Can You Wipe Out Graffiti?
- 'Freight Train Graffiti,' the book. Wrinn, Jim // Trains;Sep2006, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p52
The article presents information on railroad train graffiti discussed in the book Freight Train Graffiti including the reason it is being committed and the reason it should be stopped.
- Graffiti in Contemporary Rome: Why Reductive Solutions will Fail and Why that's a Good Thing. Willis, Caitlin // Journal of Art Crime;Spring2013, Issue 9, p31
Graffiti is an area where there is not a clear delineation between art and crime; rather the two fields not only intermingle but, in fact, depend upon the other. The illegal, anti-authoritarian elements of graffiti allow the medium to retain its authenticity, to remain unaffected by the dominant...
- Escondido: Proprietors Try To Help Stop Crime Spree. Wiedemann, Liz // San Diego Business Journal;2/11/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p16
The article reports on the $2,500 fund donated by businesses and police to Escondido in California which aims to address the city's problem in vandalism. It reveals that the damage caused by vandalism has accounted to $20,000 which includes broken windows in vehicles and houses. It shows that...
- What can we do about graffiti. Lustig, David // Trains;Sep2006, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p48
The article considers the problem of graffiti on railroad trains and stations. Graffiti is an ever-growing blight on the country, including railroads, from one coast to the other. It is done in a variety of ways, but it is rarely a spur-of-the-moment act by someone who is bored and looking for...
- 3 Ways to Protect Against Vandalism. Morton, Jennie // Buildings;Jul2012, Vol. 106 Issue 7, p23
The article recommends three ways to protect against vandalism on company properties or assets. It suggests the need to identify the reasons a property could be vandalized and outline measures to improve security. It shares strategies to deter and deflect vandals such as following crime...
- Commercial Vandalism. // Saturday Evening Post;8/11/1934, Vol. 207 Issue 6, p22
This article presents information about commercial vandalism in the U.S. Destruction or defacement of things of beauty is one of those summer diseases which have to be fought season after season. Business can be a service to the community or it can be a form of vandalism. There is a legitimate...
- The Art of Vandalism. Abel, Allen // Saturday Night;Mar2000, Vol. 115 Issue 2, p52
Deals with vandalism and vandals in Canada. Reasons behind practicing vandalism; Theory of anthropologist Alan Dundes on graffiti.
- Vandalism Hurts. Hazard, Andrea // Current Health 2;Nov2009, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p18
The article presents information on vandalism, along with some of its example incidents.
- Vandals damage low water monitors. Biundo, Jen // Free Press (Buda, TX);3/19/2008, Vol. 104 Issue 50, p6A
The article reports that flash flood warning systems installed at low-water crossings in Hays County, Texas were damaged by vandals in February 2008.