Willowemoc Wild Forest
- Lords of the slopes. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;3/1/93, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p27
Pictures the University of Alberta's civil engineering students who topped all comers at last month's Great Northern Concrete Toboggan Races in Sherbrooke, Que., in a sled called `Big Bear.' The sled uses a heating coil scavenged from an ambulance loading ramp and actually melts a thin layer of...
- Try snowshoeing. Daily, L. // Boys' Life;Dec89, Vol. 79 Issue 12, p14
Looks at snowshoes which people have used for thousands of years. Types of snowshoes and costs; How to use them.
- Thunder on the ice. Higdon, H. // Boys' Life;Jan1991, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p20
Examines iceboating on Lake Geneva located in Wisconsin. How thick the ice must be; What time of the year is best; How easy it is to learn; Special equipment; Last February's Boy Scouts' Winter Sports Day at Lake Geneva. INSET: About iceboating..
- Build a snow dome. Jacobson, Cliff // Boys' Life;Dec92, Vol. 82 Issue 12, p66
Gives directions for making a snow dome that is similar to Eskimo igloos. Instructions; Finishing the interior; Sleeping in the snow dome; Final tips.
- On ice. Duckworth, C. // Ranger Rick;Dec90, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p12
Describes the various uses people have for ice. Ice climbing, boating, and diving; Ice skating and fishing; Ice buildings; Glaciers and icebergs. INSET: Ice from the sky..
- Olympic dreams. McGrath, Charles; Schumaker, Ward // Ski;Jan97, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p84
Presents two families' efforts to stage a Winter Olympics in Lake Placid. Comparison of Adirondacks with other ski towns; Description of the ski town; Famous people who lived in the area; Competitions slated in the town. INSET: The Olympic roster..
- Ski and snowboard report. // Women's Sports & Fitness;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p26
Presents news developments related to winter sports in the United States which includes lessons offered by the Mountain Dew Snowboard Festivals.
- Go for the cold. McCloy, M. // Women's Sports & Fitness;Nov/Dec90, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p24
Introduces four articles on winter sports. Ice skating; Snowboarding; Telemark skiing; Snow-shoeing.
- Big foot. Reynolds, J.; Kostenko, S. // Women's Sports & Fitness;Nov/Dec90, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p27
Describes the sport of snowshoeing. Personal account; Types of snowshoes and bindings.
- Shredding inhibitions. Levin, S. // Women's Sports & Fitness;Nov/Dec90, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p28
Describes the sport of snowboarding. Personal account of learning how to snowboard.