- Bait Bait â€¦ Don't Tell Me! Longeretta, Emily // Syracuse New Times;6/22/2011, Issue 2098, p10
The article offers information on the New York Department of Environmental Conservation's seventh annual Free Fishing Weekend catch-and-release events in the Onondaga Lake, New York on June 25-26, 2011.
- How DEC Summer Camp Shaped My Life. Canary, Bret // New York State Conservationist;Feb2009, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p9
The article presents testimonies of how the New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) Summer Camp shaped the lives of some attendees. One attendee says his experience in the summer camp when he was 13 years old influenced his desire to become a camp counselor. A wildlife biologist...
- A Partnership for Bass Management. Green, David M. // Conservationist;Jul/Aug85, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p44
Discusses the results of the New York's Department of Environmental Conservation's survey to keep track of bass populations in the state. Reasons for conducting the study; Procedure for measuring bass; Number of bass present in any given body of water; Relation of electrofishing catch rate with...
- TU/NYDEC BEAMOC PLAN. // Fly Fisherman;Sep2000, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p26
Discloses the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's plan to Trout Unlimited to develop a long-range wild-trout management plan for the Beaver Kill watershed.
- Have you caught a big fish lately? // Conservationist;Jun95, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p38
Provides information on the state Department of Environmental Conservation's New York State Angler Achievement Awards Program. Program as a means of officially recognizing anglers for their fishing accomplishments; Award categories; Prizes; State freshwater fish records; Contact information. ...
- Deer management permits, hunting, fishing, trapping licenses will be available. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;9/11/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 215, pA2
The article reports on the availability of the 2010-2011 fishing, trapping and hunting licenses and Deer Management permits (DMPs) to be purchased starting August 16, 2010 at the license sales outlets of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC).
- The Freshwater Fishes of New York. // Conservationist;Jul/Aug89, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p45
Reports that the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's Bureau of Fisheries has introduced a series titled 'The Freshwater Fishes of New York' in 'The Conservationist.' Plan to feature a wide variety of fish families; Use of artwork from old biological surveys conducted from...
- New limits for N.Y. winter flounder. Ristori, Al // Salt Water Sportsman;Jan95, Vol. 56 Issue 1, Atlantic edition pF
Reports on the increase of the recreational size limit for winter flounder fishing in New York. Adoption of winter flounder fishing regulations by Department of Environmental Conservation.
- Log of the Seth Green. Cluett, Steve; McCullough, Russell // Conservationist;1994, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p10
Recounts an October trip aboard New York State's Department of Environmental Conservation's research vessel, the Seth Green. The joint survey of Lake Ontario with Canadian trawler, John D'eau; Collection of information by biologists to allow DEC's Bureau of Fisheries to manage Great Lakes fish...