- Land of Opportunity. Purdue, Matt // Backpacker;Jun99, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p54
Presents a list of wilderness study areas that are considered prime hiking destinations. Information on Eagletail Mountains Wilderness in Arizona, Black Ridge Wilderness Study Area in Colorado and Lockhart Basin in Utah; Location; Resources.
- By Boat And Boot. Franzen, Sven Eric // Backpacker;Apr2002, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p68
Provides information on the Middle Fork State Fish and Wildlife Area in Illinois.
- Mickey Hiked Here. // Backpacker;Feb2003, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p17
Presents information on Disney's Wilderness Preserve at the Magic Kingdom in Florida.
- Action in the 97th Congress. // Congressional Digest;Dec82, Vol. 61 Issue 12, p293
Details developments on the decision of the U.S. Forest Service to consider a permit allowing seismic exploration involving the use of explosives in the Bob Marshall Wilderness complex in Montana. Legal interpretation of the law as denying them authority to reject mineral leasing applications;...
- The wilderness keeps us civilized. // Current Health 1;May90, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p24
Discusses the importance of wilderness areas. Relaxation; Link with nature; Learn about our planet and how to take care of ourselves; Helps keep the environment healthy; The Wilderness Act of 1964; Wilderness clubs; How to take care of wilderness areas.
- Letter from Plum Hill. P.V.F. // Country Journal;Nov/Dec94, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p20
Describes the wilderness area between Jackson, Wyoming and western Montana, around the mountain stream Jack Creek. Tourism in Wyoming; Scenery; Grizzly bear country.
- The world's remaining wilderness McCloskey, J. Michael; Spalding, Heather // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Aug1990, Vol. 62 Issue 8, p14
No abstract available.
- Protection for the Tatshenshini. Obee, Bruce // Canadian Geographic;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 113 Issue 5, p16
Reports on the creation of the Tatsenshini-Alsek Wilderness Park. Banning of mining and other developments; Boundaries of the park; Recreation; Compensation for Geddes Resources Ltd., the proponents of the mine; Declaration of surrounding parks as UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- OA TO THE RESCUE. DERR, AARON // Boys' Life;Sep2011, Vol. 101 Issue 9, p38
The article describes the trail restoration project of Arrowmen during the Order of Arrow Wilderness Voyage in Ontario in summer of 2011.
- The lands that got away. // Sierra;Jan/Feb85, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p40
By all accounts, 1984 was a banner year for wilderness protection. Congress added more acreage to the National Wilderness Preservation System in the lower 48 this year than in any year since passage of the 1964 Wilderness Act. It was a grand accomplishment, but what about the areas that weren't...