THOUGHTS ON THE BUSINESS OF LIFE
- Friedrich Nietzsche--A Theoretician Of Modern Democracy. Kiss, Endre // East European Quarterly;Fall2001, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p373
Focuses on the political philosophy of Friedrich Nietzsche, a theoretician of modern democracy. Difficulties involved in the perspectivism and aphoristic style of Nietzsche's philosophy; Characteristics of a democratic government; Fundamental vision of Nietzche on modern democracy.
- Physiology as art: Nietzsche on form. Rampley, Matthew // British Journal of Aesthetics;Jul93, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p271
Examines Friedrich Nietzsche's critical reception of Kantian and post-Kantian aesthetics. Nietzsche's `all art is applied physiology' claim; Nietsche's writing affecting his critical aesthetics; Nietzsche outlining `knowing' as shaped by organic processes of the body; Active and reactive...
- Abbreviations and Citations of Friedrich Nietzsche's Works. // Journal of Nietzsche Studies;Autumn2010, Issue 40, p1
The article presents the abbreviations and citations for the titles of Friedrich Nietzsche's published works.
- Dostoevskii's specific influence on Nietzsche's preface to daybreak. Luft, E.V.D.; Stenberg, D.G. // Journal of the History of Ideas;Jul-Sep91, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p441
Evaluates by means of textual and thematic scrutiny, the extent of the influence of the first Dostoevskii story Nietzsche ever read on what is probably the first work Nietzsche wrote after reading it. C.A. Miller's historical groundwork, which established the precise chronology of Nietzsche's...
- An enemy of modernity. Grace, Kevin Michael // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;1/27/97, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p15
Asserts that 19th century philosopher Friederich Nietzsche is seen as a prophet of modernity by two writers, Tom Wolfe and Edward Luttwak. Why they see Nietzsche in this light.
- Letter from the Editor. Acampora, Christa Davis // Journal of Nietzsche Studies;Summer2007, Issue 34, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Mauderine Clark on "Nietzsche on Truth and Philosophy," and another by Kathleen Marie Higgins on "Comic Relief: Nietzsche's Gay Science."
- Introduction. Drochon, Hugo Halferty // Journal of Nietzsche Studies;Spring2010, Issue 39, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one by Thomas Brobjer on the exploration of the origin of the "revaluation" them in Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche's thought, one by Manuel Dries on conditions that must be meet for the "transvaluation" project to be...
- Feind Oder Zeuge Des Glaubens? Nietzsche im Spiegel der Russischen ReligiÃ¶sen Philosophie. Ignatow, Assen // Studies in East European Thought;Sep2003, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p217
Sehr frÃ¼h machte sich die russische intellektuelle und literarische Ã–ffentlichkeit mit den Ideen von Nietzsche vertraut, und bald entbrannten â€“ nach gut russischer Art â€“ heftige Kontroversen, in deren Zentrum die russische religiÃ¶se Philosophie stand. Mit Ausnahme von...
- Untitled. // Mountain Bike Way of Knowledge;1992, preceding p1
The article presents a quote from German philosopher Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche regarding the secret of reaping the greatest enjoyment from life.