- Mail-Order Smokes. Brown, Ed // Fortune;11/25/1996, Vol. 134 Issue 10, p44
Presents information on the trend adopted by cigar clubs to ship their products to perspective clients. Information that Churchill Society, a cigar club, sends an assortment of five premium cigars, a witty newspaper called the Pompous Ashe, and customized evaluation sheets for recording the...
- COMING THROUGH FIRE. Kolakowski, Nick // Trader Monthly;Apr/May2008 Cigar Report, p48
The article discusses the cigar tradition in Nicaragua. It states that the cigar tradition of the country goes back nearly 50 years, and it never endured the same degree of mania during the cigar boom of the mid 90's, and its soil that is rich in nutrients. Accordingly, cigar companies in the...
- Cigar. Nichols, Geoffrey // Metro (NZ);Dec98, Issue 210, p134
Recommends the purchase of cigars in Spain. Price comparison with those in New Zealand; Problem with the Montecristo brand in the absence of humidor; Characteristics of Cuban cigars.
- Cigars and Tobacco. Twain, Mark // Entire Works of Mark Twain Collected;3/1/2006, p3983
This speech is in regard to Mr. Clemens' use of cigars and tobacco. My friends for some years now have remarked that I am an inveterate consumer of tobacco. That is true, but my habits with regard to tobacco have changed. I have no doubt that you will say, when I have explained to you what my...
- Cigar Fun Facts. // Convenience Store News;12/6/2010, Vol. 46 Issue 15, p58
The article presents information on facts related to the history of the name cigar and discovery of tobacco.
- And sometimes a cigar can be a really good smoke. Sebelius, Steve // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);9/11/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 37, p18
The article features the best cigars in Las Vegas, Nevada. Casa Fuente is the best cigar made elsewhere but is sold in Las Vegas. It is sold exclusively at the Casa Fuente store at Caesars Palace, and it has a robust taste and comes in six different sizes. The cigars from the Havana Cigar Co....
- 'Cigars…Cigarettes' Ferguson, Andrew // National Review;2/20/1995, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p80
The article presents the views of an author who recently quit smoking, on tobacco. He chose tobacco as his topic in the article because it has been much in the news. Total cigar sales in the U.S. increased 5 percent in 1994 and sales of expensive cigars were up 30 percent or more. The author...
- Puffing to heart's content. Mooney, Barbara // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/16/93, Vol. 14 Issue 33, p1
Reports on promotion of cigar smoking by Danny Kolod, owner of Cousin's Cigar. Marketing of tobacco in an anti-smoking era; Upscale market of cigars; Resurgence in cigar smoking; Creation of a club for cigar smokers around Cleveland.
- A wonderful stench. Mullin, Sue // Latin Trade (English);Feb99, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p29
Examines the growth of Nicaragua's tobacco and cigar industries. Industry output and total sales in 1998; Names of tobacco traders; Difficulties overcome by planters and traders through the years; Project growth rate in 1998; Role of businessman Jose Orlando Padron in the industry's survival.