The Art of the Deal
- Impressionist and modernist's mixed results. Adam, Georgina // Art Newspaper;Sep2009, Vol. 18 Issue 205, p55
The article reports on mixed results of the sales of impressionist and modern art held in London, England in June 2009. The sales totalled 70% lower than those reached in 2008, as potential sellers waited for an improvement of the market before consigning works to auction. The evening sale at...
- Impressionist & Modern Art. TULLY, JUDD // Blouin Art + Auction;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p78
The article discusses two art auctions of Impressionist and Modern art that were held in New York City in spring 2014, including one at Christie's and one at Sotheby's, which featured various items including a painting by Claude Monet, a painting by Amedeo Modigliani and a painting by Pablo Picasso.
- Price of a Picasso. // Time;5/5/1967, Vol. 89 Issue 18, p80
The article reports on the auction occurred at Soothe's auction house held last week emphasizing the paintings of Pablo Picasso and other French painters.
- Picasso â‚¬1.1m star at "drawing week" auctions. A. S. // Art Newspaper;May2010, Vol. 18 Issue 213, p70
The article reports on the top-sellers during the "Semaine du Dessin" event that was held in Paris, France in 2010, including Alexandre and Odile Loewy's collection, Pablo Picasso's "Portrait de Femme," and a portrait of Charles Marie Jean Baptiste Marcotte.
- Smokin'! Boser, Ulrich // U.S. News & World Report;5/17/2004, Vol. 136 Issue 17, p74
Reports the sale of "Boy With a Pipe," a 1905 painting by Pablo Picasso. Amount paid by an anonymous bidder at Sotheby's auction in New York; Comment of private art dealer, Alexander Apsis.
- auction reviews. Tully, Judd // Art + Auction;Jul2008, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p94
The article reports on the impressionist and modern art auctions held by Christie's and Sotheby's in New York in 2008. Among the pieces sold at Christie's are the "Le pont du chemin de fer Ã Argenteuil," Alberto Giacometti's surrealist sculpture "Homme," and the pencil on paper "Resting Nude"...
- LONDON SALES: IMPRESSIONIST & MODERN ART. ULLY, JUDD // Art + Auction;Sep2012, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p136
The article discusses Impressionist and Modern art auctions held in London, England in June 2012 including one at Sothebyâ€™s featuring the work of Joan MirÃ³ and Christie's featuring the work of Pablo Picasso.
- Leaving a Strong Impression. HANSON, SARAH P. // Blouin Art + Auction;Jan2014, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p66
The article discusses the sales of impressionist and modern art at auctions in 2013. A list, with images, is provided of art sold including "Mousquetaire Ã la pipe" by Spanish painter Pablo Picasso, "L'Amazone" by Italian painter Amedeo Modigliani, and "Le Palais Contarini" by French painter...
- Investors: Bullish Connoisseurs: Scarcer. MELIKIAN, SOUREN // Art + Auction;Jan2012, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p49
The article offers information on Impressionist and modern-art auctions that took place at Christie's and Sotheby's auction houses in November 2012, which featured various items including the 1941 painting "The Stolen Mirror," by Max Ernst, the painting "La blonde aux boucles d'oreille," by...