Under the Hammer
- Raising a Glass. MOHAMMAD, SEHBA // Art + Auction;Sep2013, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p60
The article briefly reports that the Japanese auctioneer Shinwa will be holding a sale of Japanese modern ceramics, including works by ceramic masters such as Kenkichi Tomimoto and Kamoda Shoji.
- New York and San Francisco Auctions. Tao, Margaret // Orientations;Sep2000, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p147
The article reviews several Japanese art auctions that were conducted in New York City and San Francisco, California in May and June 2000, which include Christie's Inc., Phillips Co., and Butterfields Co.
- dealers Reaching out again. Douglas, Sarah // Art + Auction;Dec2009, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p61
The article reports on the condition of arts auction dealers to financial difficulties in which some of them forged ahead, cut back on bloated product budgets, and shied away from the glare of public auctions while others expand after parting ways such as auction dealer Iwan Wirth and David Zwirner.
- Untitled. // Apollo: The International Magazine for Collectors;Oct2008, Vol. 168 Issue 558, p126
A directory of international auctioneers of art and antiques around the world is presented.
- Japanese Art Dealers' Association. // Orientations;Mar2013, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p174
The article previews the exhibition "JADA 2013: An Exhibition by the Japanese Art Dealers' Association" which will feature member dealerships including Sebastian Izzard, Leighton R. Longhi and Erik Thomsen in New York City.
- Paris Is for Buyers. Melikian, Souren // Art + Auction;Dec2007, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p105
The article offers information on an art auction held this fall 2007 at the HÃ´tel Drouot in Paris, France. No fewer than 69 auctioneering groups vie with one another in a number of categories, including the art of the Middle Ages, the Renaissance and the early Barouque. Pieces from ancient...
- Forgotten masterpiece bought by Hazlitt's? Gerlis, Melanie // Art Newspaper;Oct2007, Vol. 16 Issue 184, p61
The article reports on the purchase of an 18th century continental school art work by the London and New York art dealer Hazlitt, Gooden & Fox. The work is attributed Titian by some sources in the old master market. The portrait was auctioned at Gilding's in Leicester, England in July 2007. It...
- London Auctions - Summer 2001. Bléhaut, Hwee Lie // Orientations;Sep2001, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p115
The article offers information on art auctions held in London, England in June 2001. Christie's Chinese Ceramics and Chinese Exports Ceramics and Works of Art sale on June 19 achieved a total of Â£1,694,096. A total of Â£1,150,479 was achieved at the Japanese Works of Art, Prints and...
- GALLERY LISTINGS. // Art + Auction;Jan2011, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p92
The article offers information on several auctions in New York including the French Art Decoration Furniture, Lighting and Objects by several artists in until January 23, 2011, the Gene David paintings and drawings until January 2011, and the Scholten Japanese Art such as wood-block prints,...