- THE STRAIGHT SHOOTER. Pachetti, Nick // Money;Oct2002, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p92
Profiles Sallie Krawcheck, chief executive officer of Sanford C. Bernstein. Effect of the Arthur Andersen and other investment banking firm scandals on business volume at Bernstein; Biographical information; Qualities that she believes investors need; Challenges that she predicts for...
- CORRECTIONS & CLARIFICATIONS. // Pensions & Investments;3/23/2015, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p0004
A correction to the article related to ranking of investment research firm Sanford C. Bernstein that was published in March 9, 2015 issue is presented.
- The Investorside seal of approval. Williams, Fred // Pensions & Investments;4/28/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p8
This article reports that Sanford C. Bernstein & Co. LLC has become the latest investment research firm to receive the industry's equivalent of the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval. Investorside Research Association, Washington, was established in July 2002 to help investors identify...
- Investment firm founder Zalman Chaim Bernstein dies. // Pensions & Investments;1/25/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p89
Reports on the death of Zalman Chaim Bernstein, founder of New York City-based investment company Sanford C. Bernstein & Co.
- GICs outperform bond portfolios, and at lower fees. Bowles, Peter D. // Pensions & Investments;11/24/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p14
Criticizes an article published in Pensions and Investments newspaper about Sanford C. Bernstein & Co's entrance into stable value investing management. Comments of Fiduciary Capital Management Inc. President Peter D. Bowles on performance of guaranteed investment contract (GICs); Relevant...
- Healthier, Wealthier And Wising Up. ELAINE LOW // Investors Business Daily;9/21/2015, pA08
The article offers information on the advancements in the food industry and mentions the alternatives and health products adopted by food producers as mainstream food choices. Topics discussed include new products from WhiteWave Foods, the natural and organic-focused products maker, views of...
- The Private Side. Fried, Rona // Solar Today;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p22
Comments on developments suggesting that an increasing number of conventional venture capital firms are interested in clean-technology industries. Solar companies in the portfolios of venture capital firms; Types of clean technology companies investors are interested in. INSET: Rising Stars?.
- Clean horizons. Wright, Martin // Green Futures;Oct2010, Issue 78, p20
The article discusses the continuous investments of several venture capitalists (VCs) on green technology in 2010. It states that they preferred to invest in sustainable systems such as renewable power plants and smart information technology (IT). According to Alice Chapple, director of...
- Has the Windsor Fund Forgotten John Neff Already? Vinzant, Carol // Fortune;7/19/1999, Vol. 140 Issue 2, p170
Reports that though Vanguard promised shareholders that the Windsor Fund would remain committed to a relatively concentrated less diversified portfolio, it is beginning to diversify the fund. The fund's legendary investor John Neff; The hiring of the investment firm Sanford C. Bernstein in June...