Indonesia's 40 Richest
- Indonesia's 40 Richest. Doebele, Justin; Vorasarun, Chaniga // Forbes Asia;9/18/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 15, p62
A list of the 40 richest Indonesians in presented. It includes Sukanto Tanoto, head of Asia Pacific Resources, Eka Tjipta Widjaja, founder of Asia Pulp & Paper, Rachman Halim, head of Gudang Garam, Budi Hartono, owner of Djarum, Aburizal Bakrie, head of Bakrie Group, and Eddy William Katuari,...
- A New Chapter. Nam, Suzanne // Forbes Asia;12/24/2007, Vol. 3 Issue 22, p44
This article reports that on September 21, 2007, Singapore's High Court ruled that Edwin Soeryadjaya's holding company had fairly acquired shares in Indonesia's second-biggest coal producer, Adaro Indonesia. After five years of legal challenges by one of Indonesia's richest citizens, Sukanto...
- Asia. // Forbes Asia;3/24/2008, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p49
The article deals with the billionaires in Asia. The number of billionaires in the region jumped by a third, and their total net worth climbed to $804 billion, up from $552 billion. Sukanto Tanoto of Indonesia got his start supplying building materials to state oil firm at age 22. Sameer Gehlaut...
- Indonesia's 40 Richest. Nam, Suzanne; Atal, Maha; Schultz, Keren Blankfeld; Chen, Caroline; Chopra, Tina; Nguyen., Lan Ann // Forbes Asia;12/22/2008, Vol. 4 Issue 22, p44
The article presents information on the 40 richest businesspeople in Indonesia who are worth a total of $21 billion. These include Sukanto Tanoto of RGM International, Michael Hartono, who along with his brother own Djarum PT, maker of clove cigarettes, and Martua Sitorus of Wilmar International...
- Indian HNI Population on the Rise. // Money Today;Nov2011, p3
The article reports on the growth of the number of high net worth individuals in India by 20.8% to 1.53,000 in 2010 compared with 1.26,700 in 2009, according to the 2011 Asia-Pacific Wealth Report by Merrill Lynch Global Wealth Management and Capgemini.
- Here's a news flash: Texas is rich and getting richer. Corbin, David // Fort Worth Business Press;9/27/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 39, p26
Focuses on the number of rich people living in Texas. Counties where the rich usually reside; Sources of economic funds for the state; Other states competing against Texas in terms of the number of rich residents.
- Discos and diplomas lure China's elite. Platt, Kevin // Christian Science Monitor;10/19/99, Vol. 91 Issue 226, p1
Focuses on the activities of privileged Communist aristocrats, or taizidang, who live and educate themselves in the United States.
- Where have all the rich people gone? Korten, Tristram // New York;10/13/97, Vol. 30 Issue 39, p28
Mentions the New York City (NYC) residents that made the `Forbes' magazine list of the 400 richest people. The number that live in NYC and where.
- Forbes Magazine Cites Oprah, Tiger and Mike Tyson Among Top 10 Highest-Paid Celebrities Last Year. // Jet;03/19/2001, Vol. 99 Issue 14, p65
Mentions that talk show hostess Oprah Winfrey, golfer Tiger Woods and former boxer Mike Tyson were among the top ten highest paid celebrities in 2000, according to `Forbes' magazine.