A New Chapter
- Indonesia's 40 Richest. Doebele, Justin; Lin, Chen Wei; Hutapea, Febriamy; Lestari, P.; Kim, Li Siang; Nam, Suzanne; Nguyen, Lan Anh; Perkinson, Glen; Rachmawan, Dick; Wibisono, Ardian // Forbes Asia;12/24/2007, Vol. 3 Issue 22, p50
A list of the 40 richest individuals in Indonesia is presented, including Aburizal Bakrie & family with $5.4 billion, Sukanto Tanoto with $4.7 and R. Budi Hartono with $3.14 billion.
- Indonesia's 40 Richest. Doebele, Justin; Vorasarun, Chaniga // Forbes Asia;9/18/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 15, p62
A list of the 40 richest Indonesians in presented. It includes Sukanto Tanoto, head of Asia Pacific Resources, Eka Tjipta Widjaja, founder of Asia Pulp & Paper, Rachman Halim, head of Gudang Garam, Budi Hartono, owner of Djarum, Aburizal Bakrie, head of Bakrie Group, and Eddy William Katuari,...
- Asia. // Forbes Asia;3/24/2008, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p49
The article deals with the billionaires in Asia. The number of billionaires in the region jumped by a third, and their total net worth climbed to $804 billion, up from $552 billion. Sukanto Tanoto of Indonesia got his start supplying building materials to state oil firm at age 22. Sameer Gehlaut...
- Newcomers on a roll. Hooper, Narelle; Langford, Ross; Greenwood, Ross // BRW;05/25/98, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p30
Presents information on the people joining the list of the rich 200 in Australia for the first time in 1998. Rising global pull for strong private businesses leading to acquisition deals; Nick Balagiannis and Mick Mitris among other business owners who were bought out and greatly increased...
- Who owns the coal? // Electric Perspectives;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the shifting of United States coal production to overseas ownership. `Mergers & Acquisitions in the U.S. Coal Industry' report; Acquisition of American companies by European firms in 1990 and 1992; Continuing of trend in 1993; Indication of restructuring; Sales.
- Coal M&A forecast to rise amid price slump, slow growth. Saunders, Amanda // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);8/31/2015, p15
The article reports that as diversified majors lose patience with depressed coal prices, mergers are set to sweep Australia's struggling coal sector over the next six to 12 months.
- Mark McConnell 34. // BRW;9/14/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 36, p131
The article provides information about Mark McConnell of Canberra, who is one of the richest people aged forty years old and below, in Australia. McConnell is the managing director of recruitment company Frontier Group, which he acquired in 2001, a supplier of information technology contract...
- Indonesia's 40 Richest. Nam, Suzanne; Atal, Maha; Schultz, Keren Blankfeld; Chen, Caroline; Chopra, Tina; Nguyen., Lan Ann // Forbes Asia;12/22/2008, Vol. 4 Issue 22, p44
The article presents information on the 40 richest businesspeople in Indonesia who are worth a total of $21 billion. These include Sukanto Tanoto of RGM International, Michael Hartono, who along with his brother own Djarum PT, maker of clove cigarettes, and Martua Sitorus of Wilmar International...
- BHP LOOKS TO US FOR EXPANSION IN COAL. // Coal International;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 249 Issue 1, p6
Reports that BHP company has appointed investment bank Salomon Smith Barney to advise on coal acquisitions in the United States (U.S.). Significance of the expansion to BHP; Factors which attracted BHP to make investments in the U.S.; Assessment of the acquisition plans of BHP.