FSN Plays Ball In Kansas City
- Fox Net Mining 'True Blue' Tales. // Multichannel News;3/31/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p4
The article reports on FSN Prime Ticket's coverage of Los Angeles Dodgers baseball games for 2008. It reveals that 2008 marks the 50th anniversary of the team's move from Brooklyn, New York. The article reports on FSN's presentation of the 50 three-minute episodes of "True Blue Stories: 50 Years...
- Fox's sporting chance. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;07/12/99, Vol. 129 Issue 29, p23
Focuses on United States-based sports cable television network Fox Sports Net. Network as subsidiary of News Corp.; Network's goal of competing with and surpassing rival ESPN.
- SPORTS: Indians sign deal to air all 72 home games on TV. // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/16/2012, Vol. 32 Issue 47, p13
The article reports on the deal between the Indianapolis Indians and WRTV-TV Channel 6 to air the baseball team's home games live on television (TV).
- Baseball's Cuban flap. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;03/29/99, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p42
Cites the controversy surrounding ABC affiliate WPLG-TV's decision to broadcast the March 28, 1999 baseball game between a Cuban team and the Baltimore Orioles in havana, Cuba.
- Liberty to televise new baseball league. J.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/21/95, Vol. 125 Issue 34, p12
Reports that Liberty Sports has signed an agreement to televise the first season of the United Baseball League, a professional baseball league which is scheduled to begin in spring 1996. Terms of agreement; UBL's eight teams.
- Fox Midwest Drops Were Short Lived. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;10/21/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p12
Focuses on the temporary pull-out of Fox Sports Midwest from cable systems in the U.S. Dispute over rate increase; Failure to reach contractual terms; Details of the conflict.
- Fox sports adds news shows. Umstead // Multichannel News;01/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p58
Reports that Fox Sports Net regional networks will produce and distribute local sport-news shows. Schedule of the shows; Use of local hosts; Production of the shows; Importance of local shows in differentiating Fox from other channels.
- Fox Sports Net Shifts Local-News Telecasts. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;04/09/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p20
Reports on a revised scheduling format to be implemented by Fox Sports Net in April 2001. Goal of accentuating affiliates' regional appeal; How the show 'Regional Sports Report' incorporates the regional sports network's name and the phrase 'Sports Report'; Strategy of improving the consumer's...
- Fox Sports opens a local office. // Indianapolis Business Journal;06/02/97, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p10A
Reports that cable television network Fox Sports Midwest has opened an office in Indianapolis, Indiana, to expand its advertising base. Contract with the basketball team, Indiana Pacers; Concentration on Market Square Arena.