Spigot Tightens on Pivot
- Jobs Debate: It's the Business Climate, Stupid. Cruz, Sherri // Orange County Business Journal;3/8/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p3
Reports on an 'Assembly informational hearing' in California in 2004 that discussed issues on outsourcing and job losses in the state. Debate over how to increase jobs in California; Impact of the hostile business climate that discourages entrepreneurs; Implications on the business sector.
- Sprint PCS cuts jobs. // RCR Wireless News;11/18/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 46, p17
Reports on the plan of Sprint PCS to layoff employees and contractors in the U.S. as of November 18, 2002. Reason for the move; Percentage of the work force that will be affected by the layoff; Sectors from which the job cuts are expected to come.
- Sprint spends millions bringing its wireless service to the valley. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Jan2001, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p1
Reports on the plan of Sprint PCS to bring its services to Wenatchee Valley, Washington. Cost of constructing one telecommunication tower; Success of the company in other cities of the state; Package deals that will be offered by the company to business, government offices, educational offices...
- Sprint PCS expands in Louisiana. // RCR Wireless News;2/18/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p24
Reports that Sprint PCS expanded service in Louisiana. Plan of Sprint PCS affiliate US Unwired.
- Online Fraud Sleuth Wins Patent for Mix of Services. Casacchia, Chris // Orange County Business Journal;12/3/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 49, p39
The article offers news briefs related to business enterprises in California including the patent of CitizenHawk Inc., the Samsung Galaxy SII 4G of Sprint Nextel Corp., and the 11 cell phones released by Boost.
- Sprint PCS Pummeled For Shortfall. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;9/30/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 35, p1
Focuses on the slow growth of the customer base of wireless carrier Sprint PCS in the U.S. as of September 2002. Penetration rate of wireless services; Problems of the carrier with its Clear Pay program for credit-challenged customers; Estimated quarterly gross sales of Sprint PCS.
- US Unwired outsources billing to Sprint PCS. // RCR Wireless News;11/13/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p41
Reports on US Unwired Inc.'s plan to outsource most of its customer care and billing functions to its network partner, Sprint PCS.
- Who's in control? Winter, Allie // RCR Wireless News;2/16/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p1
The article reports on speculations over the possible move of U.S. wireless carrier Sprint Nextel Corp. to outsource for network operators. It explains the implication of the rumored move for consumers' perception on the company. Analyst Pete Dailey of Stratecast believed that Sprint Nextel's...
- 1,000 Sprint Nextel local telephone workers strike. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;10/17/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p14
This article reports on the strike staged by Sprint Nextel Corp. workers in four U.S. states in October 2005, balking at company demands for job cuts and slashed health benefits. The Communications Workers of America (CWA) said nearly 1,000 Sprint Nextel Corp. workers have gone on strike. CWA...