Public Channels to Hang On in Mich
- Dishing on Big Bandwidth. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;7/7/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 26, p20
This article reports that Comcast Corp. would adopt the new approach after Internet activists complained that its approach of throttling back peer-to-peer applications violated the Federal Communications Commission's policies ensuring open access. The company plans to identify the 2 percent or 3...
- Cable Users Get Cut Off. Cassavoy, Liane // PCWorld;Jun2007, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p58
The article focuses on the broadband service offered by Comcast. Comcast says that less than 0.01 percent of its residential customers use the service excessively, and insists that it would not cut off accounts without warning. According to recent media reports, however, one Comcast customer in...
- Comcast counters Verizon with 305-Mbps broadband plans. // FttX;
The article previews 305-Mbps downstream broadband services that will be launched by Comcast Corp.
- CABLE'S NEW PIRATES. Fitchard, Kevin // Telephony;4/7/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 7, p19
Comments on Comcast Corp.'s move to increase its rates for cable broadband. Reason for the move; Amount of the rate increase.
- Speed Demon: Comcast Blasts 105-Meg Internet. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;4/18/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p3
The article reports on the availability of Vomcast Corp.'s Extreme 105 residential-broadband service with download speeds of up to 105 megabits per second (Mbps) and uploads of 10 Mpbs to more or less 40 million households in the U.S.
- Broadband subscribers grow. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;8/21/2014, pA02
The article reports that Internet service provider Comcast Corp. added 203,000 net new broadband Internet subscribers in the second quarter of 2014.
- Comcast Launches New Xfinity Brand. // India -- West;3/5/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 15, pB7
The article reports on the launch of Comcast Corp.'s new Xfinity brand for its technology platform, products and services in the U.S.
- Comcast Announces 2 Gigabit Residential Service & New Extreme 250 MBPS Tier in Calif. // Broadband Monthly Newsletter;May2015, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p13
The article reports on the plan of Comcast Corp. to launch Extreme 250, a 250 Megabits per second (Mbps) Internet speed tire for customers in California in 2015.
- Nimble giant. Baumgartner, Jeff // CED;Dec2002, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p28
Focuses on the contribution of Comcast Corp. to the broadband industry in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Advancement of video, voice and data services in the cable industry; Identification of the customer and market problem at Comcast; Services offered by the company.