FUTURE ON DISPLAY AT CES, EMERGING TECH
- When You Can't Beat 'em ... Smith, Steve // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;6/2/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including consumer electronic softness, Ultra High Definition (HD) Television, and innovative products.
- U.S. takes the lead in HDTV race. Leventon, William // Design News;5/3/93, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p25
The article evaluates the performance of the Digital Spectrum Compatible High-Definition Television system in the U.S. An encoder digitizes the television signals, which are compressed to a fraction of the original data. Networks transmit the compressed data stream via satellite to local...
- Gadget Overload. Vander Veen, Chad // Government Technology;Apr2008, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p36
The article presents the highlights of the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) that was held in Las Vegas, Nevada in January 2008. It is cited that every exhibitor showcased high-definition (HD) display capability. The use of organic light-emitting diode (OLED) in slender liquid...
- CALENDAR. // Home Media Retailing;11/26/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 49, p3
The article presents a calendar of events related to home media retailing in 2007. About 300 conferences and more than 600 speakers are scheduled to discuss industry trends and topics as Digital TV/HDTV and Wi-fi during the 2007 International Consumer Electronics Show. The 2007 AVN Adult...
- Variable results in HD. Fox, David // TVB Europe;Dec2002, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p17
Determines the lack of supply for high definition (HD) television (TV) facilities in Europe. Factors affecting supply of HD products; Views of Amnon Band, president of Bank Pro Film/Video, on the issue; Use of HD camera for TV products.
- Booming marvellous. // TVB Europe;Jan2004, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p28
Reports on the launching of Polecam HD camera crane for high definition television camera in Europe. Product features; Evolution of high definition productions; Advantages of the technology.
- Going wide for a new perspective. Fox, David // TVB Europe;Feb2006, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p28
The article features new innovations for high definition (HD) lenses. Arri Inc. has created new Rectilinear lenses that offers wide angles and does not make straight lines look curved. Band Pro and Zeiss launched the 3.9 DigiWide that is considered to be the widest prime lens for HD television....
- Wild Blue, Yonder. Ranada, David // Sound & Vision;Apr2002, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p37
Comments on the products for high-definition television (HDTV) introduced at the 2002 Consumer Electronics Show. Blue laser device demonstrated by Panasonic; Features of the laser assembly of Panasonic; D-Theater video format released by JVC.
- Q&A. Masters, Ian G. // Sound & Vision;Feb/Mar2001, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p32
Answers several questions on household electronic products in the United States as of February 2001. Suggestion on the selection of a digital high definition television; Position of a satellite dish; Camera scan signal in high definition televisions.